Chapter 19 1/2

Teresa Lancaster-Sheffield

London

 The whole house was silent and docile. There was only an occasional shrug and thug. The silence was broken when Jimmy Choo shoes hit the wooden floor making a vexing clacking sound. The sound echoes the whole house. Teresa was rushing to their former bedroom to talk to her soon ex-husband. Benjamin Sheffield. She was holding her phone on the left hand while a fist was forming on the other. The door cricked when she opened it. There the image of her husband putting things inside his luggage didn't shock or intimidate her, in fact, Teresa was expecting the whole situation.

"Hey. I'm going to send someone to get all of my stuff and I want to talk to you about the visitation rights for Caspian," Teresa cut Ben before he could finish his sentence.

"Stop talking!" she demanded looking at her unfaithful husband at his eyes. The eyes she once fell for but that was once upon a time and there was no happy ending that was going to happen.

"What?" Benjamin was confused and didn't know what Teresa was talking about.

"Don't worry about packing your things. You bought this apartment, you keep it. We're leaving."

"What do you mean you're leaving? Where are you going?" he questioned not really knowing Teresa's money.

"I have 14 apartment building that I own, probably one those or I'll just go to some of my friend house," and by 'friends' she meant Stephen who she didn't spot on the wedding day. Even if he was an asshole, he was great friend, no talking about being her ex-boyfriend. "And you're going to see Caspian when it's good for him, not when it's good for you" she clarifies confidently. Teresa turned her back and started to walk away but a hand grabbed her arm.

"Hey! It's not just my fault that things didn't work out," he argued holding more grip on the woman's arm.

"Yeah, you're right. I shouldn't keep things from you. Hidden my shoes, turned down jobs, charity works, worrying it might make you feel less than a man. But let's be clear, the problem about our marriage isn't my family's money," she leans closer to Ben raising her voice in frustration on leaving her husband. "It's that you're a coward. You gave up on us. But I just realized, it's not my job to make you feel like a man. I can't make you something you're not!" She said looking at him directly. She opened the door revealing her accomplice Sonya. She was holding a suitcase and some maids was holding her bags.

"I'm leaving too, you can rot here alone. I'm going where Teresa is," she said as Teresa wraps her arm around Sonya own arm and they walk away.