Chapter 6

Newt Sangster and Thomas O' Brien

New York 2016

 Thomas was rushing through the halls, trying as hard as he can not to be late on his first day on his new school being transferred and all. He was granted a scholarship to Harvard by someone he didn't even know the name of. He was lost for the past thirty minutes on the endless halls, and humongous buildings. He adjusts his glasses that was taped on the middle because first; he didn't have the money to buy a new one, and second; he forgot his contact lens on his Mom's. He quickly asks for the directions on his first class, which was communications.

"Where is Room 436?" Thomas asks a blonde boy. The blonde looked at the brunette like he was about to burst into laughter. "What?" Thomas asks again.

"It's in front of you," the blonde boy burst into laughter. Thomas blushed in humiliation. "Newton by the way but my friends call me Newt," Newt offers a hand.

Thomas shakes his hand awkwardly. "Thomas O'Brien is the name; studying is my only game." Thomas introduces himself. "Are you my friend now since I need a friend to help me get around?" the sentence pours out the sentence but quickly regret it.

Newt think for a while then he nods. "I think we need to get into class before we're labelled late by the professor," Newt said in his British accent which Thomas finds cute and pulls Thomas inside the classroom.

"Hi my name is Thomas O' Brien. I live here in New York and I'm 16-years old," Thomas introduces himself like the professor said to. "Thank you, Thomas, and please sit down," the professor said. Thomas looked around the room to find Newt in the middle. He gently eases his way through the aisles and sit next to Newt.

"Did I do alright?" Thomas was anxious at his new environment. The only thing that felt safe was Newt.

"Yeah Tommy you did great!" Newt whisper-yell. Thomas looked at him curiously.

"Tommy?" Thomas asks.

"You don't like it? Okay I'll change it," Newt said.

"Don't. I like it" Thomas corrected Newt. Newt responded with a soft smile making the butterflies inside Thomas' go crazy.

"But as my new friend can we go out later and get to know each other more," Newt offered. Brits are so polite Thomas thought.

"Yeah I'll go if don't have too much to do," Thomas answered not sure what to do if he has work or studies. Newt sighs. "It's okay if you can't make it since I'm new here as you too," Newt states, pouting.

"Okay I'll go," Thomas rephrases. "Where are we going?"

"A coffee shop down the street called Tea & Sympathy," Newt explains. Thomas nods and listens to the professor that was discussing something related with body language.

(One Month Later...)

"So, you're from London?" Thomas asks while sitting near the window of the coffee shop, sipping tea. He couldn't believe Newt was from abroad even though he has the accent. It's been a month ago since Newt and Thomas met. They feel safe and warm next to each other. They've been in the same coffee shop for the past month, and in their usual spot. This time was different because this was their first close conversation in the past month because they just talk about school, and studies.

"Yeah but I don't think I'll be returning anytime soon," Newt explains. Thomas slightly nods. "So, what about you Tommy?"

"Nothing's interesting about me. I live with my Mom and I'm in college and well," Thomas mumbles. "I'm gay." Newt's face blush up and Thomas quickly regrets what he said. "Sorry but I need to go. I think this get together is over," Thomas stood up and started to walk away. I shouldn't have said that we just met, Thomas thought. Newt grabbed Thomas' arm which made Thomas held to a stop.

"Sorry Newt but I need to go," Thomas pleaded trying pry Newt's finger away from his arms.

"Sorry Thomas but I didn't mean to offend you but I'm gay too," Thomas said trying to convince Thomas. Thomas' calmed down and sat down again in his chair.

"Sorry I did that I just felt you were homophobic," Thomas elaborates.

"Of course not. But I need to tell you something," Newt asks unsure what the outcome with be since Thomas already freaked out a while ago. He took a deep breath. "I like you Tommy. I really do."

"Well I like you too", Thomas didn't give any eye contact.

"No, I mean I love you," Newt corrects what he said.

"Well I just need to first know you but I love you too," Thomas puts his hand over Newt's own hand. He fell for Newt's politeness and big brown orbs every much like his own.

"So, are we a couple now?"

"Maybe but promise me if I say yes you won't hurt me."

"Bloody never!" Newt answered. "You and my studies are the things that keep me from going back to London."

"We just met a month ago."

"Nonsense even if we just met, I know you're the one," Newt said making Thomas blush in the process. "So?" Newt raises an eyebrow.

"We're a couple now!" Thomas hugs Newt from the other side of the table. Newt pulls from the hug and kisses Thomas in the lips, almost making him moan in pleasure. "Now we need to buy you brand new glasses". Thomas shock his head. "I insist since we're boyfriends now." Thomas sighs. He hasn't had the time to get his contacts from his mom.