Chapter 2

Ava Paige-Sangster

London (Ava Sangster's House Above)

Ava's husband's ancestors made their money on banks. Now she's waiting for him to pass the international bank company to our son, Newt since Sonya doesn't anything to do with their family business which was shameful and Sonya wants to make her own name. She doesn't think that will be soon since Newt is still in college.

"Look Ava!" her sister-in-law Brenda yelled.

She could hear her from the other side of their big house but some people referred calling it a mansion. Well it's the biggest house in the subdivision, not only it was the biggest house but they had the biggest land. Well, they own this subdivision so... yeah, they were rich.

"What is it now?" Ava yelled at her sister-in-law with confusion.

Brenda brought her phone out. It was a picture of his son and some boy drinking coffee and holding hands. It didn't shock her since Newt came out to her before in high school. He even introduced his first boyfriend to her. She thought, the boy was some kind of a gold digger and tried to dig up some dirt on the boy. And that was the only time Newt introduced anyone to her cause after she dug up something, they broke up because Newt got mad at his mother. The boy was so affected and broke ties.

"So?" she asked sarcastically. Brenda looked confused.

"Aren't you mad?" Brenda asked.

"No. I'm just surprised."

"Let me guess you're going to dig some dirt again?" Brenda wondered.

"I just want to know that boy," Ava answered. Brenda sighed and put her phone back inside her pocket.

"Just make sure you do it right this time," Brenda advised. Ava hissed at her.

"Please tell the maids to prepare something sweet. Guests are coming," Ava commanded. Brenda responded with a slight nod.

Ava's rich friends arrived, they settled on the garden near the pool, and started their usual doing; gossiping about other rich people.

"Have you received the news that Nick Young dates a daughter of an ex-con?" Evelyn Carmela gossiped. She was the mother of Liam and Charlotte Carmela. Wife of the great Alexander Carmela of Carmela Shipping.

"Yeah and I think she's a total gold digger," Cecilia Torres commented. She owned some five-star restaurants that Ava didn't bother to know the name of.

"And she met Malay Princess Intan," Alistair Winchester added to the gossip. She owns the country club where they all met. The club was so executive that the membership was harder to obtain than knighthood. "Why are you so quiet Ava?"

"Like you don't know," Ava answered sarcastically.

"I know what happened with Newt," Evelyn said. Ava took a sip on the organic tea that her husband Janson calls 'Natural Viagra'. It tastes bitter with the hints of sweetness from the honey and sugar. "Who's the boy?" she added.

"They say he is an American," someone said.

"Ugrh those try-hard-to-be-polite Americans," Alistair commented in disgust. "Remember my nephew Fred?"

"Yeah what about Fred?" Ava asked in curiosity, raising an eyebrow. Everyone took a sip of their tea because they didn't want to join the conversation.

"Well he had a girlfriend and they got married. Then suddenly she became cold, and asked for a divorce. Taking his money on the process," Alistair explained. She took a bite on her scone.

"Bloody hell! Those American tornadoes!" Ava cursed. "I'll do everything to make sure that will not happen to Newt!" The other ladies looked at each other in fear, knowing what Ava can do. The only word Ava could think about was 'GOLD DIGGER'. She hated the boy even though she haven't met him at all.

"Tornado?" Cecilia asks. She puts some white sugar cubes on her tea.

"They come out of nowhere and takes everything with them. Leaving everything destroyed," Ava explained crossing her legs.

"Oh, but let me remind you, your son is in love with that boy," Evelyn reminded her. Ava responded with an evil grin. This isn't going to end well.

"Your niece is so beautiful. Press is following her around just to get a photo of her pretty little face," Evelyn said trying to change the awkward subject. "Ben is so lucky." Ava rolls her eyes.

"Like they're going to publish that," Ava retorted. "Her parents already paid the publishers when she was young," the ladies fake their laughs like they always do.

"So when can we Newt and that BOY?" Cecilia asks but she quickly and clearly regrets it. The garden went silent, only the sounds of the birds chirping and crickets making noise were the only sound in that moment.

"I think a week before Minho's wedding," Ava answered but she wasn't sure when she only thought of it. The ladies squeal hearing the most planned and prestigious wedding of the decade. Some people even think that the coming wedding will suppress those of Prince William and Kate Middleton.

"Did you get an invitation?" Alistair asks. "I got one but I'm too far from the front."

"Yeah since Minho is a close family friend, I'm near the front," Ava elaborated. The girls squeal in excitement and felt a little bit jealousy.

"Cecilia?" Alistair asks.

"No, I'm just going to watch the wedding on the Telly maybe, if they're going to show it," she explained herself. Ava shock her head.

"Evelyn?"

"I don't really know I have an invitation but I don't have the time," she answered. Ava sighed.

"Just give the invitation to me since I want to see my godson as a best man," Cecilia said. Ava's eyes widened.

"Is that so or you just want to see the boy?" Ava asks narrowing her eyes at Cecilia.

"Maybe both," Cecilia giggles. Everyone fake laughs. Typical.