43. A small offering

As I have shared on my wall, I'm having issues with my hands, making writing difficult at the moment. But because it doesn't hurt too much today, I decided to get a little update out.

It's been a while since I last shared stories about Junior. So let's rectify that immediately!

———

Wee Junior has a few chores he has to take care of after school every day. Like emptying the dishwasher or putting his clothes away properly. But he's not always happy about having to do the work. He feels unfairly treated because, as he puts it: "I didn't even get to decide what my chores were!?!"

A little while back he felt that a negotiation was needed.

"Mommy I want to talk about my chores!" He declared. "I never agreed on emptying the entire dishwasher. I want it cut down to only emptying half!"

When I then said I would start only cooking half his meals, he got creative. "Okay Mommy. How about I do half the emptying and then make you coffee in the morning?"

As tempting as the offer was, I had to decline. He's about as cohesive in the morning as I am, and I need my coffee just right. Otherwise people's lives are at stake!

Lastly he offered to keep his room clean without my help. I said I had to see it happen before I would let him off dishwasher duty.

As of this chapter, Junior is still emptying the entire dishwasher.

———

In an earlier chapter I told you all about Junior's cousin with the voice that can cut through glass.

This summer, he spent a few days with her at his grandmas house. Normally he is a fairly even tempered young man, but during this visit his patience ran out.

Cousin had been talking at him nonstop for two days, only being quiet when she was breathing in to continue her tirade.

On day three, grandma found him hiding under the table on the veranda with his tablet, watching a cartoon very very quietly so as to not alert Cousin to his whereabouts. "Please don't tell her where I am Grandma!" He begged. "She talks so much and my ears need a little rest."

Grandma nodded and let the tablecloth fall down to hide him once again. She was just happy he'd chosen to hide, instead of yelling at his cousin to shut up.

———

My son is learning how to give compliments from his Dad, making him a silver tongued little devil.

One time I had made lasagna for dinner and kiddo came up to me afterwards and said "Mommy I think you made the dinner with love as the secret ingredient. Because it tasted like heaven!"

Another time as I was getting ready to go out with some girlfriends he said "You're so pretty and smell so nice. Daddy is lucky you come home to us every day!"

And the final one that really made my heart melt.
"Mommy, you and Daddy are so nice together. I want what you guys have when I grow up!"

I found this sentiment so sweet! And I really hope for him that he finds someone who makes him feel as loved and cherished as Master makes me.

———

This was a very small offering today. But I have to stop.

All my love to my patient readers 💋

The End
September 21. 2019