10. Merry (raging) Christmas!

This one is for Kallisya
Sorry for the wait Hon...

You already know that I have a big temper. Combine that with raging pregnancy hormones and an equally pregnant snippy sister and you have a recipe for disaster...

It was Christmas Eve and we were all gathered at our mum's house waiting for Christmas dinner.

I was feeling extra pregnant and already quite fed up with my sister's snide comments about everything. So when she went on the warpath against our Baby Sister(BS), because BS had posted on Facebook that she had gotten an A in English instead of telling us face to face, I kinda lost it...

So I said: "You're a hypocrite!!"

Her: "What?!?"

Me: "You heard me! Here you are bitching about a grade. But try to remember... How was it we found out about your engagement?"

Her: "Uhhmmm..."

Me: "Yeah!! So shut your pie hole and just congratulate BS!!"

Her: "You don't get to tell me to shut up!! You always think that you are sooo much better than me. Just because you did things the "right way" and got educated and married before getting pregnant"

Me: "At least I didn't get pregnant by my ex AFTER we broke up!! Was it just too boring sleeping alone?? Good thing that you got him roped back in for when you wanted the second child, huh?"

And this is where the conversation got less civil...

We ended up standing with the Christmas tree between us and just screaming horrible things at each other...

"You're the most selfish person on this planet!!"
"Yeah well at least I have a brain so I CAN think about myself!!"
"You have a shitty taste in men!!"
"You have shitty taste, period!!

And so on and so forth...

At this point I think that we had forgotten what had started the fight...

BS was sitting on the couch looking a little bit like a deer caught in headlights.
Hubby, sister's man, BS's boyfriend and my stepdad was hiding in the tiny kitchen, big enough for two people, NOT big enough for four large men.
And my mum was out buying cigarettes.

The second mum stepped back through the door, my sister did the "little sister" thing and started crying "Muuuuuuuum !!! She's being mean to me. I was just looking to have a really nice Christmas and then she yelled at me!!"

"?!?!?"

We were sent into two different rooms to cool off.
My mum demanded that I apologized to my sister "Because you're the oldest!"
I refused "Because sometimes I wanna be babied too!!!"

Our stepdad tried too defuse the situation by calling us to the dinner table. And it helped a little bit. But the evening was unsalvageable.

The dinner and following gift unwrapping was awkward to say the least. And we just wanted it to be over.

Luckily I wasn't punished for my lack of restraint when we got home. Merry Christmas to me!

After that night, I think that it took almost three months before I was able to talk to my sister again...

The End
June 28. 2018