40. Daily life in Casa de Coffee

Grüß Gott aus Österreich.
(Picture in the header is my morning coffee on the terrace overlooking the mountains.)

We're on vacation right now in the gorgeous Steiermark in Austria. Once again my Master is spoiling me rotten, this time  by renting a cabin in the mountains.

A few of you lovely people have asked about how day to day life works in our BDSM relationship, so I thought I'd share a little of what goes on.

In most regards, I think we have a very normal relationship and this chapter might get a little boring.

We wake up in the morning and get ready for work. I make packed lunches for Master and Junior and we eat breakfast together before I drive Junior to school on my way to work.
After work I pick up Junior again, we go home and I help him out with homework while making dinner. We eat, hopefully Master is home for dinner, but unfortunately his work doesn't always allow us to eat together.

When dinner is over, Junior has a little time to play or read and I get different chores done while Master catches up with paperwork. As Juniors bedtime rolls around, Master finishes up in the office and tucks in our kid. Most evenings are spent either watching a little tv together (if Master doesn't have to go back to work) or we have an actual short play session before we're off to bed. Longer sessions are saved for weekends when Junior is out of the house.

You see most of the time, we're just like every one else. I have laundry piles and dust bunnies to battle and have to figure out how to make it home from work in time to get Junior to his swimming lessons without getting pulled over by the police for reckless driving. And my husband has to find time to mow the lawn and perform maintenance on our furnace, while still working from 'oh god why?' o'clock to 'I'm on my way to bed again' o'clock more days than not.

We're equal partners in our relationship who take on different roles as it becomes necessary. Mother and father, wife and husband, caregiver, lover, friend, confidant and yes also the Dominant and his Submissive.

Where we differ from others would be in how we communicate. We both have equal say in all major decisions, but my arguments has to be presented in a calm and respectful manner. And I would never make important changes, like getting a new job for example, without consulting him first.

Outside the house I am allowed to call him by his first name and I do use that opportunity but most times I just lovingly call him Mr. Our Last Name. Most of our friends just think it's a cute way of addressing each other and don't read any further into it.

I don't think many of them would consider me calling my husband by our last name to be BDSM related. Or that it can be directly tied to me being willingly bound, gagged and at his mercy on an otherwise quiet Saturday night.

Another situation where our lifestyle plays a role is regarding bedtimes. I get really cranky when I don't get enough sleep, but I'm an idiot about getting to bed at a proper time. So Master keeps track of my sleeping patterns and steps in to enforce strict bedtimes if I get to a point where I'm too tired for too long.

If he didn't, screw-ups could happen. Like me telling him that "Off is the general direction in which you can fuck!" when he asked me if it would be a problem if his brother stayed for dinner. (FYI not the right answer from me!)

Before I met my very understanding Dom, structure was nonexistent in my life. That's another thing he has introduced me to. Simple things like getting up or eating at the same time every day was so alien to me. He even had to teach me to eat breakfast. No, not the mechanics of how to put food correctly into the mouth, but the benefits of filling the energy reserves before a long day.

But as I said at the start of the chapter, I think for most lifestyle couples, life is not that different from how vanilla couples live.
We're not rich and we don't have a chef or cleaning lady. All the different things included in running a family, we do ourselves every day.

No chains or whips hang on any wall in our house and I don't kneel at my Masters feet unless we're scening or I'm getting punished. Every other time we cuddle up on the couch like everyone else.

From the outside we look like any other normal couple and most of the time we are just that.
When we hang out with friends, or Junior is around, all they see is a "traditionally structured" family.

All the "interesting" things happen when we are alone and behind closed doors. But believe me, that does not make them any less fun!

I hope this answered your questions. Otherwise please don't hesitate to ask again 😁

The End
July 25. 2019

Apparently my inspiration is drawing me in a more educational direction at the moment. I hope you all don't mind. At some point I'll get back to silly anecdotes, I promise!