Four: Missing necklace.

Aesthetic

.................✁..............................
"𝙄𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙢𝙮 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙, 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙𝙣'𝙩 𝙗𝙚 𝙨𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜."

-𝙏𝙖𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙖 𝙄𝙧𝙚𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙎𝙩𝙤𝙣𝙚
.

..........................✁....................

(Unedited)

CELESTE

Twenty-four hours had passed, I sat on the cold barstool - a bowl of cereal in front of me as I played with a silver spoon in my hands, tapping lightly on the porcelain bowl. My mother rambled about something her coworker said as she moved her hands animatedly, her lips pursed, her gray eyes moving from mine to the phone she tightly held in her hands. I let out a sigh, moving the floating marshmallows around as I nodded to whatever she was saying.

I have no idea what she was ranging about if I'm being honest. She walked in on me while I was in the middle of serving myself and began venting like her life depended on it. My eyes felt heavy, irritated at the same time. I was looking for my necklace, flipping every piece of furniture in my room upside down. I felt helpless as I sat on my bed, streams of tears rushing down my cheeks as I tried to keep the sobs to a minimum.

My father got me that necklace for my birthday, I never took it off - I would wear it everywhere, it didn't matter how or why. I just needed to have it on me and now that it's gone I felt crushed.

What am I going to tell him if he sees me without it?

"Oh, sorry dad! I lost it. - oh, where you ask? - no freaking idea."

I can already see my father's disappointed features if I told him that I lost the necklace. We barely had any money and he still managed to get me something and I was grateful for it. I sink my teeth into my bottom lip, my eyebrows furrowed in worry.