Fifty Five

💘

[ 3 Years Later ]

Today you were currently graduating from College.
It's been a long time coming, from all the drama with Eunmi and your relationship with Tae, but being with him through everything made it all so much easier.

You were currently getting ready for your graduation ceremony. You couldn't decide which dress to wear, the black one or the white one. White gave wedding vibes, while black gave funeral vibes—you were going to neither.

"Hurry the hell up Y/N! You're gonna be late to your own graduation? How the hell does that work?" Your best friend pounded on your bedroom door as you contemplated on which dress would be best for the occasion.

"Shut up, Areum! I'm trying to decide which dress out of the two I should wear!"

"I already said the white one! Hurry! Taehyung will kill me if I allow you to be late. He's already there and Jungkook is outside waiting for us."

"Okay, okay, relax I'm coming!" You quickly finished getting dressed and walked towards Jungkooks car with Areum following besides you.

"Y/N, you can sit in the front, I don't want things to be awkward with Jungkook and I..."

"Nope, not happening, don't think I haven't seen the way you two look at each other lately—you're definitely sitting in the front."

She rolled her eyes, but couldn't help but to grin at your words. Her and Jungkook had obvious crushes on each other but I guess their past was holding them back from pursuing anything, but you were getting tired of that.

__________

You were now sitting in the crowd of graduates, listening to your principal go over the speech for the ceremony. You kept looking up at the sky, trying to prevent yourself from crying, but it was of no use, you were just so proud of yourself for making it this far.

Only god knows how many times you wanted to give up and say fuck it. But, no, you stood your ground and continued through school.

Suddenly your name was called, well more like screamed, "Y/N! WE LOVE YOU!" Looking towards the loud screaming, you saw your whole family all standing and smiling towards you. It had been forever since you'd seen your parents so you couldn't hide the tears anymore. The tears fell instantly and you laughed at your brothers stupid faces he was making at you.

It was finally the time for your name to be called at the podium. You walked onto the stage and smiled at your principal, taking your degree from his hand and turning to the crowd to blow a kiss. It was dramatic but who gives a fuck, you were graduating. You're allowed this one dramatic moment.

As you were walking off the stage, your name was screamed out again but this time it was your boyfriend, Taehyung. His name had already been called and now that it was your turn, he wanted to brag to everyone that you were his. His girl.

"Woooo! I love you baby, congratulations, beautiful!"

You laughed and tried not to cry on in front of everyone as you walked back over to your place and took a seat until the ceremony was over.

__________

Finally.

It was over. You had graduated and you were finally ready to start your new life as as adult.

Everyone was outside standing in the parking lot of the flower field, taking pictures with their friends and family. Some was crying in the arms of their loved ones, sad that the journey had come to an end.

"I didn't think you guys would make it all the way from Texas!" You said as you hugged each of your family members.

You were completely shocked to see them in the crowd. The night before you'd talked to them and they'd relayed to you that they couldn't make it and had expressed how sorry they were for missing such an event.

"Ah, my little baby girl is all grown up." Your father came over and pulled you into a tight bear hug, "There was no way we were missing this event. Nope."

You smiled, leaning up on your tip toes and pecking your father on the cheek.

"Your boyfriend is a real keeper, huh?" Your mom whispered in your ear, earning a glare from your little brother. He was standing close enough to hear her and he didn't like what he'd just heard. He was the younger of you two but for some reason he always acted as if he was the older sibling.

You looked around at all your friends until your eyes landed on Jungkook, he was making out with Areum! You couldn't believe it! Just before you could yell out in excitement, someone came and stood next to you.

Taehyung turned you to him, a seductive smile on his face before he leaned in and left a quick kiss on your cheek. Your eyes immediately widening at the thought of your father seeing you kiss your boyfriend.

"Uh," you took Taehyung's hand in yours, turning to face your family before speaking, "Everyone, this is my boyfriend, Kim Taehyung. Taehyung, this is my dad, my mom, and my little brother."

"Hello again, Mr and Mrs L/N! It's nice to finally meet you guys in person. I hope that the hotel I booked is treating you well? It was such last notice so most of the good ones were booked."

Your dad smiled at Taehyung, taking his hand and giving it a firm shake, all while you stood there shocked, staring at your boyfriend in confusion.

"Yes, Taehyung, we thank you again for getting us here on such short notice. There's no way we would've been able to make it to see our baby girl graduate without your help!" My mother leaned forward, giving him a comforting hug.

"What?" I asked, "You've already met my parents? How—when?"

Jungkook laughed out loud, leaning forward and closing my mouth that had fallen wide open in shock.

"Baby, of course I've already met your parents. How else was I going to ask them for your hand in marriage?"

With that, Taehyung got down on one knee. He looked up at you, taking your hand in his.

You froze up almost instantly, "No, Tae—what?"

You were happy of course, but you were surprised. You wanted to cry and smile, and laugh all in one sitting.

"Y/N, baby. I've loved you. I love you, and I will continue loving you. You've came to my life... in a funny way," he laughed, "but, I would go back and relive that day a thousand times if I could. You're probably the best thing that had happened to me in long while. I truly never though I'd be able to feel genuine love for someone, until you. I didn't expect to fall in love with you, but I did, and I don't want to change that. So, will you do me the honors and marry me?"

The end.

A/N:
The answer to Taehyung's marriage proposal is up to you guys. ♥️