Chapter 1

MEL POV

I had finished filming for the night and it was just about midnight. I had a good day with the usual ups and downs, but what could you do? I had just gotten home. I looked around my living room and found it weird that Chris wasn't here. He had finished filming before me and had told me that he was heading to my place, yet he was nowhere to be found.

I texted him a few times; once after filming, another as I was leaving, and now again when I had gotten home, but he had never responded. I had left later than expected, maybe he just headed home, I thought to myself. But I was worried. 'Maybe I should go over to his place and make sure he's okay.' I get up to leave, calling him once again, hoping for an answer. But yet again, no answer. Is he alright? I started to really panic, and took a seat until I could calm down again. I started thinking to myself, realizing he had 3 hours ahead of me. 'Maybe something came up', I thought, I shouldn't be this worried. 'Should I actually go over there and look like a worrying girlfriend?' I took so much time to think of the answer to my question, the right answer. 'No, I will wait until tomorrow, if he doesn't come to work then I will go over there.'

I finally go and set my jacket on the rack to only realize that Farley hadn't come to greet me yet. I set it next to a familiar jacket, one of Chris's. I figure he must have left it here the other night, so I just shrug it off and go looking for Farley.

I walk in the hallway and suddenly see a light peaking from my bedroom. 'Had I left it on this morning?' I check the guest bedroom because of Farley's love to lay on that bed, but the room was just filled with nothingness. I close the door and head to my bedroom. The door was slightly cracked so I push it open and see a sight for sore eyes.

"Melissa." Chris says kneeling there, I look around the room to see roses in a vase, Farley by his side, and so many of my favorite tangible things covering my dressers.

"Will you do me the greats honor of marrying me?" this must have taken him hours but all I can do is laugh. I laugh because I felt so nervous and excited all at once. I am suddenly unable to form words. I shake, unable to deny that this was the only thing I could ever want.

"Yes." I finally manage to get out, with tears in my eyes. He instantly jumps up and runs to me, placing the ring on my finger. I have the biggest smile on my face and so does he. He leans in, kissing me passionately. I have never felt this happy before that it overwhelmed me. I open my eyes as he leans back, his hands around my waste, holding me. I feel a tear run down my face.

"What is it?" Chris says his thumb rubbing the tear away.

"You." is all I'm able to mutter.

"I'm sorry, Mel. I just wanted-" Chris said but I was filled with so many emotions that I cut him off and kissed him once again. I couldn't help myself, so I ended up laughing through the kiss. He doesn't seem to mind as he joins in. He had made it so special. He made me feel special. He knew me for who I was and made me feel a certain way that no one else has. He completed me.