Chapter 22 - Fenge

Start from the beginning

"Hmm... Ya man. She's an odd one, but Riveck. If he's involved, then they definitely know something we don't. Riveck is being pushed to be put on the Special Forces for reasons I hope are obvious to you. He is one of a good handful of people here that can control crystals. These people drug themselves up with crystals to the point that they gain these superpowers. It's technically illegal still to overdose but, military's been taking use of it. Bunch of political shit though. We call them Steliacs."

"Wow. So these crystals can give you powers."

"No, dude, don't even think about it! Taking multiple crystals will kill you and only a few people can handle it. Even then they die going through those procedures whether its legal or not. They were stupid for doing that shit to their bodies and they got lucky. Don't do stupid shit like that."

"Okay man, I get it. So... You know anything about what their deal is with me?"

"Well, no... But, I can try to figure out what's up. I got some bad blood with Riveck and I'd love to get him in some shit. He's, if not the best, one of the best at controlling the power of the crystals. But with that, he's changed. He's cold-hearted and lost his humanity... At least it seems that way. Anyway, he is able to see future events of certain people and I think he saw something for you. Maybe he saw something with Pozhar but, from what you've told me, I think they know something about you."

.......

That talk with Marcus gave me a lot to think about. I don't understand what the deal is with this whole scenario. I've had plenty of incidents with multiple people telling me weird shit. I'm not anything special and I'm not really someone people know except as a crippled loser. Argh! Nevermind that. I need to get to my room and find Lizzie!

...

I make it to the Warriors barracks and everyone is in the living room waiting for me. I don't see Lizzie. I ignore them and head straight to my room. Please be there Lizzie...

No. She's not here. Oh no! I feel sick to my stomach. She's nowhere to be found. I feel the urge of bursting in tears. She's dead!

"Fuck!"

"Nathaniel! What's wrong?"

"Rosalin! What's wrong; are you serious?!"

"Yes, why are you-"
"Because she's gone!"

"..."

Rosalin starts to giggle...

"Why do you think this is funny?!"

"She's not dead, silly."

"..."

"Really?! Why isn't she here then?"

"She's in the medical bay. She's been asking for you actually. We've all been waiting for you because she won't let us in anymore. We all stayed for an hour each. She's only allowed one visitor at a time and she hasn't been accepting anyone anymore."

"Not even you?"

She shakes her head no.

"As I said, she's just been asking for you. So let's go, you haven't been to our medical bay yet anyway so it'll be a learning experience."

.......

So Lizzie's okay. I sigh in relief as we make it to this large white building. It's very clean inside and there's lots of people. The Warriors and I get to a receptionist and, finally, we are taken to Lizzie's room.

"Is Nathaniel here?"

"Yes, that's me."

I approach the doctor.