Chapter 52: Separation

Her instinct kicked in and she lost it. She snatched James' gun and swiftly moved to Leroy, grabbing his collar with one hand and pressing the gun hard against his jaw, "I will kill you, monster!" 

The guards raised their guns instantly, pointing it towards her. 

Leroy smiled slowly as he looked deep into her eyes, "Press the trigger. Just press it, beloved. You know what will happen." 

She cursed at him, feeling helpless. This shouldn't be happening. She knew his men would open fire if she did that. 

James reprimanded, "Stand back, Sierra. Now." 

The gun in her hand trembled. She let go of Leroy and he caressed her face, playing with her hair, "Now this is more like you. Weak, pathetic and vulnerable... How dare you stand up to me?" He held her jaw roughly, burning with rage as he raised his hand. 

She heard Ileana's screams upstairs and she closed her eyes, wanting all this to be a nightmare. He brought down his hand fast and before he could slap her, James stepped up and held his wrist, stopping him from hurting her. 

Leroy stared at him infuriatingly, "Torres. She's mine!" 

He growled, applying pressure as he shoved his hand away, "Not yet. You'll do whatever you want with her tomorrow. And the kid stays here, Burrell. I mean it."

Ileana's feet dangled centimetres above the ground as one man brutally raised her by her waist, placing his huge hand over her mouth to muffle her screams. She struggled violently, feeling suffocated as he dragged her out and the other stranger followed. 

She slammed her elbow in his stomach but it only made the man tighten his grip, hurting her. She tried to scream for Sierra, for Jace and then as the man pulled her down the stairs, she heard a loud crack and the man behind yelled in pain, clutching his head. 

Jace stood there, with a broken hockey stick. He flung the stick again at the man and gave him a hard kick in the stomach, sending him rolling down the stairs. He furiously said, tossing the now useless piece of wood away, clenching his fists as he gazed at the bastard who was dragging Ileana down, "Let go of her, snoopy! Or I will beat the hell out of you."

The man pushed Ileana aside, growling, "You little piece of shit! I remember you! At the mansion." 

"Do you remember this then?" He threw a heavy punch at the man's jaw and this time, the latter dodged, counter attacking, instantly blocking him.. 

He was surprised by the man's overpowering strength. The man pushed him back, grabbed his shoulder and violently brought his knee to his stomach. 

Jace stepped back, coughing blood. The man was done for now. Ileana hassled down the stairs, "I'm going to get help!" But the first man who Jace had kicked before had already recovered from the blow and seized her brutally. 

Jace adopted a stance, focusing on his strength as he ran to the wall, jumped against it for support and leapt towards the enemy, striking his elbow to the back of the man's neck. He grabbed the man's neck, pulling him back to slam his head into the glass vitrine of small car collection of his father, shattering it. 

He jerked the man's head back, not giving him time to catch his breath and threw continuous hard blows to his face, bruising him aggressively. 

Ileana watched Jace in fear. He was uncontrollable. The man holding her also felt ill at ease. He instantly called out to Burrell in panic, "Sir, we got a situation!" 

Jace released the defeated man, tossing him over the banister as he fell a few metres heavily down, crashing against a table downstairs. Ignoring the groans of pain, he then proceeded to the man holding Ileana, his eyes blinded with fury.