However, I'll let it slide since I've been told you've been seriously distracted about the whole thing and I can now totally understand why. I happen to also have found my mate! She's an angel Kel, she really is. Her names Kari and she's the daughter of a Beta here called Ricko Parrson; lovely guy- you'd get along really well with him- I've asked him, the King here and of course your Dad, if she can come back and live with me in the North and they've readily agreed. I can't wait for you to meet her! I look forward to meeting your mate also!

I smile for my best friend's fortune. He'd held out since he'd turned sixteen to wait for his mate; when I started sleeping around, it was very nearly the end of our lifelong friendship. The rest of the letter consisted of his anger at hearing about the two rogue attacks that had happened since he'd been gone and how he was sure that the training and fighting regimes he'd picked up in the East would greatly add to the strength of our Royal guard.

Anyway Kel, don't bother replying to this letter, I'll be joining you again in about a week or so. Keep your head in the game and see you soon bro.

Signed;

Brody Sayers

Head of the Northern Royal Guard

Family meeting in the study now, Dad's order pierced through my mind. Closing the letter, I quickly grab a shirt and head out of my room in a much better mood than I'd anticipated as I meander my way through the corridors to the study, with my mind on Brody's letter. Maxim and Sophia reach the door at the same time I approach and we enter to find Dad, Mom and Bell already seated, waiting. Dad wastes no time as we take our seats around the large oval table to one side of the room, "I've drawn up a schedule for the dates each pack will be met with for their progress reviews. Due to the recent rogue attacks, I've paired us up and you'll visiting and handling four packs together. The pairs are Kellen and Maxim, your Mom and Sophia, and Bell you'll be with me." Spoke Dad in his Alpha tone, taking out several pack files and laying them out on his desk.

"Ooo! Pleaseeeeee can we have the Prowess's pack as one of ours Dad?" Jumped Bell excitedly. I shake my head at her, smiling in amusement; she probably wasn't going to let go of this chance to finally meet 'The Prowess'.

"Actually Bell, dear, your father and I have agreed that I will be handling that particular pack." Spoke Mom in a tone that left no room for contradiction or argument; I raise my eyebrows in surprised curiosity at her tone but Mom's eyes were locked with Dad as if they passing comment on the agreed arrangement.

"Why?" asked Maxim and Bell at the same time. "Why 'particularly'?" Questioned Maxim frowning.

"I was fortunate enough to meet her recently," Said Mom with a glint in eye, "and as a female leader myself, I think we will get along very well; I feel that a lot will be achieved."

"What! You met her?! How? When? What was she like?" Burst out Bell with wide-eyes.

"It was a happy coincidence actually," mused Mom thoughtfully, "It was during one of my recent shopping endeavors. We crossed paths in one of the shops I visited; she approached me, concerned as to why I seemed to be out on my own, I was oblivious as to who she was until she introduced herself." She chuckled lightly as she remembered.

"What was she like? What did she look like?" continued Bell eagerly. I'd have to ask Mom to warn the Prowess about Bell's mild obsession with her, I thought as I shared a knowing smirk with Maxim.

"I found her very polite; carries herself well and does not flaunt her title or responsibility as some do. I would be inclined to say she has earned her reputation, which is why I'm going to insist upon personally handling her pack." Concluded Mom firmly and pointedly.

"Enough questions please Arabell. Your Mother and Sophia will handle the Prowess's pack, along with the bordering packs of Alpha Jeremy Almound, Alpha Chad Riggs and Alpha Donovon Rookner." Finalised Dad, handing Mom the pack's files along with the scheduled timetable for visiting them.

"But Dad! Can't I switch with Sophia-" Began Bell pleadingly.

"Enough!" Ordered Dad using his supreme Alpha tone, Bell bowed her head submissively with a sulky 'Yes Alpha'. Dad then turned to address me.

"Kellen and Maxim, if you've no objection I've assigned you both to handle Alpha Roheim, Alpha Jasper, Alpha Callan and Alpha Packson." Continued Dad, handing Maxim and me two files each. "Bell, you and I will be handling Alpha Vauk, Alpha Jacobson, Alpha Devon and Alpha Salim. We will all be taking six royal guards with us, Maryanne and Sophia; you'll have eight of the best-trained royal guards with you." Dad's Alpha tone, if possible, grew more authoritive. It made sense for Mum and Sophia to have more guards since they were both mates and mates are the weak point of any wolf, I did however wonder why Dad had assigned them both separate packs instead of letting them travel with their mates. I would've asked but Dad's expression and tone intimidated me, even as next in line to his title. It was a tone that only a walking dead man would question.

I asked Maxim instead, who- despite the blank look on his face- I could tell wasn't happy about the arrangement. Hey Max, any idea why he's splitting you from Sophia and himself from Mom?

No. His mind bluntly replied; he never took his eyes Sophia as we spoke. But I sure as hell don't like it. I'm trusting his judgement; if he's gonna be away from Mom, then...He gritted his teeth as his anger seethed into my mind link and he wrapped his arms securely around Sophia; she complied and curled up on his lap snugly. I look away, feeling sick. Pain laced through my wolf and I at the sudden longing it caused us. I felt drained.

Just one more week till Brody comes back and I could ask his advice. I tell myself. Two more weeks until the ball where I get to see her again...I reassure my wolf. It helped a little, although it wasn't until I looked at the timetable Dad had handed us with the drawn up dates and times for when we would be meeting the Alpha's, that I felt my mood lift marginally to what it was before I entered the room; we'd be very busy up to and even after the ball- not to mention the ball preparations and Brody's return! Being busy was good, being busy meant I'd have to concentrate on the task in hand and wouldn't have time to think about much else.

I would pray to the moon that it went quickly!

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hey everyone!
First off your love for this story really is incredible. It amazes me, it really does! :')

Second of all, for those of you who are getting impatience ;) its getting close to what you're waiting for, if you can just wait a little bit longer;)
BUT I'm going to need all your advice on a few things so look out for an author's note I'll be posting soon :P

LASTLY...COMMENTS &VOTES PLEASE! Love you all!

Dedicated to my amazing best friend! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Beaut!

NEXT UPLOAD.... CHRISTMAS! 25TH December!