Chapter 18: The not so safe Haven

Blake POV

"Did you have fun visiting Auntie Blair today?" I asked as I carried (y/n) on my back to his room, "Yeah." (y/n) said as I tucked him in, "Goodnight sweetie." I said as I kissed his forehead.

After I tucked (y/n) in Sun and I confronted Ilia only to learn that she was going to send me to Adam and kill my family... my entire family. I tried calling mom to warn her and to have her get (y/n) out of there, but she didn't answer. 'Mama's coming sweetie!' I thought as we ran back home.

(y/n) POV

"Mama." I said as I hid under the covers, I hid because I heard shouting and shooting, I was scared I wanted Mama to come make everything all better again. "Ahhh what do we have here?!" A man said as he tore the covers off me, "Seems a little girl has lost her kitten, and a kitten is such easy prey for a snake." He said as fangs came out of his mouth, "Bad." I said as I shot him with the toy pellet gun I had, "Bad snake bad." I said as I continued shooting him, "THAT'S IT! I was going to take you to Adam as ordered, but now I think I'll just kill you and call it a night!" He said angrily, "NO ONE even thinks about hurting my nephew and lives!" Auntie Blair said as she punched the man, "(y/n) sweetie do not move I'll come get you once it's safe." She said as blue flames shot out of her eyes, "Pretty." I said softly, suddenly the man froze after Auntie punched him again, "(y/n)!" She said as she ran over to me and hugged me, "Are you alright sweetheart? Did the bad man hurt you at all?" She asked worriedly, "No." I said as I hugged her.

"MAMA!" I shouted as I ran over to my mother, "Oh my precious baby boy!" Mama cried as she hugged me, "Are you alright? Did anyone hurt you?" She asked as she frantically searched for any injuries, "Thankfully no . No one even touched a single hair on his head other than me. "Auntie Blair said as she threw the semi-frozen snake man onto the floor next to the man grandma had dragged in.

"Humans didn't do this. We did this, faunus. We did this to ourselves. We are just as capable of hate and violence as the humans, but I don't think any of us would jump at the chance to point that out. So why are we letting Adam do it for us?! By doing nothing and staying silent we let others speak and act in our place.And If we're not proud of the choices they make, then we have no one to blame but ourselves. This is the message Adam Taurus will brig to the world if no one stops him. But we can stop him, you have to understand that all of you are looking for simple answers to a very complicated problem, and I cant give that to you. I don't know how to make hate go away, I don't, but I know that this kind of violence is not a solution. I understand that to ask you to leave your homes and protect Haven Academy is asking you to put your lives at risk. But that's what's at stake. So I'm going and I'll stand by myself if I have to." Mama said, "I'LL STAND WITH YOU!" Ilia said, "That is if you'll have me." She said, "You're not going anywhere." A man said, "Let her go." Mama said calmly, "You're just going to forgive her after all she's done?!" The man said, "Yes." Mama said, I tugged on my mothers coat to get her attention, "Yes sweetie?" She said, "Stand with Mama." I said as I raised my hand, "Well if my nephew is going then looks like the overprotective aunt Blair is gonna have to go too." Auntie Blair said as she picked me up.

Blair POV

it's been two weeks since the battle at Mom and Dad's, (y/n) hasn't seemed to have been really effected by it too much. I'm glad, I'm glad that even seeing me kill a man hasn't  changed how he feels about me, "Auntie!" (y/n) said, "Magic trick! Magic trick!" He said as he jumped up and down excitedly, "Ok sweetie let's go somewhere less crowded." I said sweetly.

"Ok you ready?" I asked, "YEAH!" He said excitedly, "Ok I'll start simple." I said as I created two fire swords.

" I said as I created two fire swords

"PRETTY!" He said, 'I've gotten pretty good at using whatever this power is

"PRETTY!" He said, 'I've gotten pretty good at using whatever this power is.' I thought as I combined the two swords. The red and blue flames mixed and fought for supremacy. "How about a new trick?" I said, "YEAH!"  He said happily as I snuffed out the flames, "Ok here it comes." I said as I created a scythe out of ice.

'Ice seems to be easier for me to use, I wonder why?' I thought, "(y/n) sweetie it's almost time to go

'Ice seems to be easier for me to use, I wonder why?' I thought, "(y/n) sweetie it's almost time to go." Blake said, "Ok." (y/n) said.

Blake POV

We had made it to Mistral. We had gotten our hands on some airships, (y/n) was so tired after all he had seen today. "Blake I'll watch him for you while you're fighting." Mom said as she took (y/n) out of my arms carefully so she wouldn't wake him.

"Mama?" (y/n) said groggily as he woke up, "Hi sweetie, you're going to stay with grandma while I'm fighting." I said as I scratched behind his right cat ear, "Ok." He said as buried his face in mom's shoulder.

(y/n) POV

"Gamma." I said as I clung to my grandmother in fear, "Shhh you're ok, I won't let anyone hurt you." Grandma said as she held me close, "Mama." I said softly, "Shh it's almost over." She said as the police arrived. Eventually Mama came and got me before we entered the academy.

"Yang." I said as I pointed at Yang, Mama began to walk towards them and put me down, Ruby and Weiss smiled and motioned for Mama to join them in their hug.

"There's my lil buddy!" Ruby said as she hugged me, "STOP! YOU'RE GOING TO SUFFOCATE THE POOR THING YOU DOLT!" Weiss shouted as she took me away from Ruby, "Yang." I said as I reached for Yang, "I'm so happy you're safe (y/n)." Yang said as she took me from Weiss, "I missed you so much." She said as she began to cry, "Yang sad?" I asked, "No, no I'm just very very happy." She said.