Chapter 47: Successful Failures

Jaune POV

We succeeded in transmitting our message through Amity, but it was cut short. But we brought hope and information to the world, and for a brief moment we were all connected again, I got dozens of messages and calls from my family, but there was one that stood out above all others.

Blair POV

After Amity's broadcast, it was abundantly clear that we would never win this war. And apparently, Blake's team thought the same, because they had me retrieve the relic for them and opened hundreds of portals to Mystral, but a fight between Cinder and Neo broke out and all of team RWBY and dozens of people fell into the void. I managed to drag Jaune and Winter out with seconds to spare. I didn't get out unscathed, Cinder stabbed me and tried to steal my powers, but I took her arm. "Mama?" (y/n) asked as he walked over to me, "I...Blake's...I'm so sorry sweetheart." I said as I began to cry, "Look who came back." Terra said as her soldiers killed hordes of Grimm, "I have had a really bad day! I'm not in the mood for you!" I cried as I got up and gripped my sword, I rushed at her and slashed at her, "I HAD TO WATCH MY SISTER AND HER FRIENDS FALL TO THEIR DEATHS!" I shouted as I slashed, her soldiers tackled me, and I impaled them with ice before flying at Terra impaling her on my blade, "And I was too weak to save them." I said as I began to cry, "Blake's dead?" Terra said, "Why do you care, you were gonna kill her and take (y/n)." I said, "Because, despite all I did, and all I said, I loved you kids." She said as she hugged me, "I am aware of what happened at Atlas. And in honor of your sister, I'll offer these people sanctuary, and allow you, your mother, and (y/n) to leave at your leisure. Just know that I'll take my grandson." she said, "What do you get out of it?" I asked, "Not a damned thing. I'm losing money and time from this, sweet girl, but I'm doing this for Blake. For her memory." she said as she tore the blade from her chest and healed herself.

"So what will you all do?" I asked as I adjusted how I was holding (y/n), "I received an SOS call from my sister. She moved to some island nation I can't begin to pronounce, but I'm gonna go and see how I can help." Jaune said, "If it's alright with you, I'd like to join you. I'd like to see where Adam and Blake grew up." Lilly said, "What about your mom and brother?" I asked, "Mama and Luke went to Argus, it was Adam's idea." She said, "And you?" I asked, "I'll stay here and help keep the peace. Someone has to." Winter said as she began to walk away, "Hey, I tried to save Weiss." I said, "I know." she said tears crept from her eyes as she left.

Mom, Lilly, (y/n), and I went home to Menagerie, "Blair? What are you doing home?" Kali asked, "Where's Blake?" She asked, "Kali. I'm so sorry." Mom said before Kali began to cry. 

"What are you going to do now?" Lilly asked, "I have no idea. I know what I have to do, and I know what Blake wanted, but...I don't know if I have the strength to do it." I said, "Blair, please don't stab me, but you'd make a great mom. Blake asked you to raise her son in her place if something like this would happen. It's sad and horrible that it happened, but it did and (y/n) needs you." she said, "You're right." I said.

"Hey there kiddo, so your mama wanted me to look after you. But no one ever asked you what you wanted. So do you wanna live with me or your grandparents? No matter what, you will be loved." I said, "Want auntie." he said, "Alright then, let's go home." I said.

I moved back into my old house with (y/n), "It's not much, but this is home." I said as I moved the last box in. "Alright, what should we have for dinner? I was thinking sushi." I said.