57

>>>>

>>>>

Waking up to a view as beautiful as the one in Italy is something that hits close to home. Being back home where my family originated from makes me somewhat feel closer to them. I feel enveloped in a sense of home and comfort. I was proud to be Italian. I was proud of where I came from and who I was. I was proud of my beautiful home.

I was the first to wake up this morning as I opened the double doors to our balcony. The scenery was unexplainable. Too beautiful for words. It was surreal that what I was looking at was really real. It seemed like a perfectly painted picture on a canvas.

A knock on the door sounded as I eyed Chris to make sure he didn't wake up. He was still asleep. I nod my head and head over to the door as I open it wide, a hotel worker greeting me brightly, "Buongiorno signora. Questo cibò è per te e tuo marito. Congratulazioni per il tuo matrimonio"

"Grazie mille! È così dolce da parte tua", I respond as he wheels the food cart in our hotel room. He sends me a warm smile before closing the door behind him as he leaves. I place all the food from the cart onto the table outside on the balcony so we could eat our breakfast in the presence of such a beautiful view.

Chris begins to stir in bed as I walk over to him, sitting on top of him. He grunts as he opens his eyes to see what was disturbing him. When he realizes that it's me he pulls me into his arms and holds me tight, placing a bunch of feather like kisses all over my face, as I break out into fits of laughter.

"Good morning my beautiful wife", he says as he looks at me with a hint of amazement in his eyes. He smiles at me before kissing the top of my head—a habit of his. I remove myself from his grip as he groans from the lack of warmth and company. I pull him up by his arms as I point towards the balcony with my head. He turns his head sideways as he leans over the bed to see what I was pointing to. "Where did you get that?"

"Room service. Courtesy of the hotel", I tell him as he stands up. He puts on a pair of jogging pants and a white T-shirt as he walks onto the balcony, admiring the view, while I admired my view; Chris. "Let's eat!", I exclaim, snapping out of my daze. He pulls my chair for me as I sit down, scooting closer to the table. "So what's the plan for today?", Chris asks me as he takes a bite out of his fruit bowl. "There is no plan. We're going to relax today. There's the beach not too far from here"

"Sounds good to me my love"

"Can you believe we're married? I still can't believe it. It hasn't fully registered", I smile as I think back to yesterday when we got married. "I know. To think that I finally found my forever person and my beautiful wife, it's just surreal"

"You're such a helpless romantic", I smile at him as I throw a grape into his mouth. "You made the most beautiful bride yesterday, and now you make the most beautiful wife"