41

>>>>

>>>>

"911 what's your emergency?"

"I'd like to report a breach of agreement concerning a restraining order I had placed against Blake Ernest", I shakily inform the operator as I look in my rear view mirror. "Okay and when did this happen?"

"It happened around ten minutes ago. I was grocery shopping and I accidentally bumped into someone with my shopping cart. It was Blake and I quickly moved away from him and proceeded to check out but he kept taunting me and talking to me. The altercation really went down in the parking lot when he wouldn't let me leave and he stopped me from closing my car door. Words were said and I won't deny that I injured him" I explain to him. "Okay. And how exactly did you injure him?"

"I slammed my car door on his arm so he would let go of it. I was scared and my mind was telling me to act fast before he could manage to try something and he was too close to me for my own comfort. After that I closed my car door completely and I drove off. Now I'm here"

"Okay, can you give me your full name please?"

"Ella Jade Lombardi" I reply as I turn down the music blaring through my car. "Okay. I can't officially do anything over the phone so I'd need you to come into the station and deal with a few of my colleagues to sort all of this out. Can you come over to the station now?"

"Yes I can" I sigh as I put the car in reverse. I slowly move backwards before turning the car around, heading towards the police station. This whole situation had me on edge and I didn't think I would have to go through this so soon. It was my first official day in a new home with my boyfriend and it was all short lived because of one man.

It took me five minutes before I arrived at the police station. I quickly ran into the building, greeting the officer sitting at the front desk, "Hi, I spoke to an operator a few minutes ago concerning an issue of mine. He instructed me to come here to further investigate my problem".

"Ella Lombardi?"

"Yes!"

"Right this way sweetheart. Kevin is the one who spoke with you on the phone. He's assembled a few officers to help you with your case" she informs me as she pushes open the glass door. I walk in after her to be met with three officers. One of which I recognized immediately. "Josh?!"

"Hey sweetheart. Under any other circumstances I would've been ecstatic to see you but—you know" he sighs. "I know. So how are we going to resolve this problem?".

"Well if we look at your file, we filed a restraining order against your ex boyfriend Blake Ernest over six and a half years ago. We brought him to court and we had enough substantial evidence to find him guilty for abusing you in ways that pushed you to the point of anorexia. However he had a really good lawyer who managed to convince the judge to only have him complete community service work as a punishment for one whole year. Now that he's breached the restraining order agreement we can put him in jail"