47

>>>>

>>>>

"I herby declare Blake Ernest—not guilty", the judge announces as he looks at me. Everything around me seemed to slow down. I couldn't hear, everything was muffled and I couldn't see as the tears violently came down my face. Uproar broke out around me as my side of the room began to yell out in anger and bewilderment.

I could barely process anything as I repeated the words the judge had said in my head. They were on a loop, torturing me slowly. I failed to breathe properly as my whole world began to spin. Before I knew it I was falling to the ground. Chris wasn't able to catch me in time as I fell to the floor, my eyes closing to be met with complete darkness.

I couldn't feel my body. I couldn't hear anything around me. It was as if everything around me had stopped. I began to panic as I failed to open my eyes. All I saw was pure darkness around me as I desperately tried to move my body. Nothing worked.

I must've passed out from the shock of the news. The news. How could the judge find him not guilty? We had all the proof to back us up and yet again he still won. There was no way this was happening. Something seemed off about all of this. We were specifically assigned a different judge so that the same thing wouldn't happen again, and it did. What were the judges not seeing?

My head began to pound the more I thought of Blake and the fact that he would be roaming around the streets freely. It sickened me, it made me want to scream and cry. It wasn't fair. There was no way he could've won the case, not fairly at least.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard muffled voices beside me. Yet again my eyes refused to open as I fell into yet another deep dark hole of thoughts. I was afraid. Why couldn't I wake up? Where was I? My thoughts were on a loop and I fought to escape them, but much to my dismay, nothing worked. My heart began to race as I thought that maybe I'd never wake up. What's happening to me?

***

*Chris' point of view*

"Get her off the floor! Somebody help. Anthony call 911!", I panicked as I knelt down beside Ella. Tears stained her pale face as the color slowly began to drain from her beautiful face. "Ella, baby please, wake up. Please, Ella". Tears began to form in my eyes as I looked down at her unconscious body. Her hands were cold in my much warmer ones as I continued to caress her hair, pushing it away from her face.

"They're on their way, they said they'll be here in five minutes", Anthony rushed over as he knelt down beside me. "Elizabeth!", I call out. She rushes over to me and kneels down beside Ella's head. "Elevate her head on your lap", I instruct her as she carefully picks up Ella's head and places it on her lap like I told her to.

"What happened to her?"

"I don't know—I don't know!"