Arc 1: Chapter Twenty

Elizabeth sighs. Today, of all days, just so happens to be her and Meliodas' engagement party, and she couldn't find any dresses that actually looked good on her, and she was becoming a bit self conscious of herself.

She was fat. Very fat. And she realized that now. She also decided it was time to switch up her hair, so she cut her bangs and moved them back to the middle, just like how she had them as a kid.

She also, so happened to find this one dress the fit her finely. A maid had dropped off a few dresses for her engagement party, and this one caught her eye.

 A maid had dropped off a few dresses for her engagement party, and this one caught her eye

It was pretty, and it fit her perfectly.

"Ellie, we're heading into the limo soon." Says Margaret. "I'm heading out now." Says Elizabeth grabbing a small handbag that matched her dress and placing her phone and some lip gloss into it before walking out the door.

"Gorgeous as always." Says her father as she comes down the stairs. "Thanks dad," She says, her smile brightening. She wouldn't be seeing Meliodas till they were at the party.

They all loaded up into the limo and headed to their destination. She had been warned not to do anything reckless since there would be big business men here today and a lot of people of higher class.

When they were arrived, she saw Meliodas talking to some businessmen so she decided not to bother him and go mingle on her own, but Meliodas leaves the two men and heads over to her.

"Why didn't you come over there?" He Asks her. "You looked busy, plus I thought I could talk to people on my own."

"Did you bring your medicine with you?"

"No...I didn't think I needed it."

"You always need it. I know everything's going fine with you being around people now but, still, you don't know when someone could say the wrong thing."

"Stop acting like my dad, I'll be fine for just tonight." She Elizabeth, putting a hand on her tummy. "I'll hold you to it," He says, grabbing onto her hand. "I can't lose you. Not again, and not ever. I can't lose our child either."

"You won't Mel...also speaking of our child," Elizabeth's face brightens. "They called my dad and told him the gender of the baby...and both our dads are planning a gender reveal party soon." She says.

"I still want a girl." He says and Elizabeth can't help but smile. "I want one too, but I'll be happy with whatever we have." She says.

"Ah, I forgot." Says Meliodas.

"You forgot what?" Asks Elizabeth.

"About this," He Says as he gets down on one knee.

"Elizabeth Liones, make me the happiest man alive and marry me."