Arc 1: Chapter Eight

Meliodas sat pacing back and forth in front of Elizabeth's hospital bed, it's only been two days, but for him it felt like an eternity.

Mr. Liones had an early meeting so he couldn't stay in the room, and Margaret and Veronica had classes. It was after school, and Meliodas and everyone else had rushed here after school.

"Pacing won't solve anything." Says Merlin, looking up from her phone. "Don't you think I know that? I'm just worried..."

Merlin rolls her eyes. She didn't wanna deal with Meliodas when he was like this, even though she understood is pain.

"How about I give you two some alone time?" Merlin asks standing up, also ushering everyone else to leave too.

"Elizabeth...please wake up...my life is incomplete without you, and now that you've finally remembered, I wanna tell you how I really feel. With or without our parents arranged marriage, I wanna marry you one day, I wanna be by your side and help you through your illness, I love you Ellie, every part of you."

"...hm...I love you too Mel..." she mumbles, sending his hand a small squeeze.

"Elizabeth, I'm not dreaming right?" He asks her.

"I remember the exact date we started dating. We were both fifteen, and it was on Valentine's Day." Says Elizabeth, sitting up a bit.

Meliodas smiles and they both lean in and kiss each other for a good ten seconds.

"It's nice to see that the lovers are back together," says a voice. Meliodas look to the front of the room only to see his dad. "Mr. Dracon...it's good to see you again," Elizabeth smiles, even though Meliodas could tell it was fake.

"You as Well Elizabeth," he then turns to his son. "What're you doing here?" Meliodas spits.

"A father can't see his son and future daughter in law?" He asks. "I was invited here by Bartra, we'll be having a ball in a few days to celebrate her regaining her memories."

"Don't you think that's too much? She just regained consciousness and-" "Mel I'll be fine. Thank you for thinking about,"

Elizabeth sends Meliodas a glare saying "shut up" and he decides to just listen.

"Also Meliodas, I hope you haven't forgotten about our deal."

"Yeah whatever," he waves him off.

"What deal?" Elizabeth asks once Meliodas' father leaves. He stays silent and Elizabeth rolls her eyes.

"I'm guessing that's another thing you can't tell me?"

"It's not like that-"

"No, I understand. Another thing I'll find out whenever we get married." She turns away from him.

"Ellie-"

"Sorry to interrupt but, now that she's awake I should explain what happened," the doctor cuts him off.

"Although she did regain her memories, it reduced her life span to 3 years, but it can still be helped. We're assigning her a doctor who can be there most of the time, and it's Merlin. You happen to know her right?" Elizabeth nods. "So that's all..." she trails off and the doctor nods. "Your free to leave anytime, we just need someone over 18 to sign these documents so you can go home." Elizabeth nods. "My sister Margaret Can sign them..." she says and the doctor nods handing them to her.

"You'll get better Ellie, we know it," Says Veronica. "Hopefully..." she trails off.

************

It's been a few days since Elizabeth's came home, and so far the only places she's went is to school and then home. Meliodas has been busy so she hasn't seen him around, but she did enjoy spending time with her friends again now that she remembered everything.

"Life is boring again..." she mumbles, just as she receives a knock on her balcony door.

"It's unlocked," she says as he opens it.

"You could've used the door, we don't have to sneak around anymore." "It's fun this way," Meliodas smiles sitting beside her on the bed.

"You've been busy with your father?" Asks Elizabeth. He nods. "He made me work at the company and train Zeldris."

"Sounds fun..." she trails off as their met with silence.

And then Meliodas decides to lay beside her. "W-what are you doing?" She asks. "About to sleep beside my girlfriend why?" He asks smirking as he wrapped his arms around her.

"You should get some sleep too, we have school tomorrow."

Elizabeth rolls her eyes and pulls the blanket up to where they were both comfortable.

"Mel..." she says after a few minutes.

"Yeah?"

"I-if I die I want you to move on okay-"

"Your not gonna die Elizabeth."

"You don't know that..."

"Elizabeth, let's not talk about this." He says sitting up.

"Well its all I can think about-"

"Well then think about something else," Meliodas Says.

"What else is there to think about?" She Asks.

"My lips on yours," was his reply as he smashed his lips onto her. They kiss for awhile, gasping for air every few seconds only to kiss again.

Meliodas then does something daring, and that was squeezing her ass, causing a Yelp to escape her, which gave Meliodas the advantage to put his tongue into her mouth.

Meliodas then moves to sucking on her neck, causing Elizabeth to moan. He continues, leaving hickeys all along her neck.

"Elizabeth..." he stops himself.

"Are you sure you want to do this? Because if we continue I won't be able to back out now."

"I'm sure Mel..." she trails off, kissing him once again. And that was the night they did the deed.