Ch.12. The Forest

Start from the beginning

But did that mean forever? Does the universe permit that?

Grabbing the stuffed backpack at the foot of your bed. You slipped your arms around the straps and carefully made your way towards Sans, your Sans, and pushed down the blanket from his chin.

Blue, Papyrus and Edge wouldn't be up until an hour later for their daily morning jogs, pulling whomever is still in bed by the time they come back and haul (lack of) ass to the kitchen to prepare for breakfast.

Thumb lightly brushing against his cheekbone, you leaned down and kissed the spot in between his eyebrow bones. Your lips lingered for a second before you pulled back and retreated out the room. "I'll be back in three days." You whispered as the door softly clicked shut.

Glancing at Stretch's room, you pursed your lips. Sleeping the night without Stretch was hard. Waking up in the middle of the night because you subconsciously knew something was wrong and missing.

After he had stormed out, you didn't have the time to chase after him, to tell him that you didn't see the others as replacements or better versions.

You couldn't fight back.

But still, Papyrus was your best friend and leaving after a fight was a no-no, no matter how hard it was to spill your feelings without running away.

You sucked a deep inhale and tiptoed towards the door. Hesitantly twisting the doorknob and entering the dark bedroom, you scoffed lightly but quickly made your way towards the bed by sheer memory. Even though it wasn't the exact replica of his actual room, you managed to not make any noise through the darkness.

Squinting your eyes through the dark, you sighed softly and slipped out your phone. Pressing the screen to your chest, you swiped up and lowered the screen brightness.

Slowly, you brought the dimmed screen up, illuminating the darkness with a soft glow. Keeping your steps light as you leaned over the sleeping skeleton, soft snores coming from Stretch as you lightly pushed the blankets away from his face and pressed a light, feathery kiss on his mandible.

Letting your lips linger for a second longer, you quickly yet silently backed out of the room.

Once the door clicked behind you, you sighed in relief. Even if you were slightly mad, you hated that you were leaving things the way it was last night. Glancing at the door, you couldn't hear Stretch's snores and you silently hoped you hadn't woke him up.

"Hiya, Sansy~" You called once your left the house and to the back yard. "Ready to get this show on the road? I dunno 'bout you but I want to come back now."

Despite the joke, Sans only gave you a weak chuckle and shrugged off your arms. Furrowing your eyes in confusion, you let your arms fall back to your sides.

"..okay.." you muttered, silently taking Sans' hand and closed your eyes.

For a second, the ground underneath your feet gave out, making your stomach drop from the weightless feeling before the ground came back.

Sans shook off your hand as quickly as you regained your footing—which was fast considering the amount of times you had 'shortcut' with Papyrus back in your universe.

Your eyebrows knitted together once more when Sans kept his skull low with a compass in his hand and a map of the forest in the other. "their last locations were northwest from here." He said, gesturing to your left with the folded map. "'bout 50 or 60 paces."

"I'm so glad it's still summer." You said once Sans started to take lead. "Would you imagine camping out when Halloween is around the corner? The cold night would probably freeze through my skin." A smile stretched widely on your lips as you quickly paced up with Sans.