ch.3. Ground Rules

Chapter Summary: How can classic give you ground rules when it's the same ones Stretch gave you years ago? 

___________________________________________

"don't mean ta cut this lovely chat but can we talk about the situation?" Red snapped, tearing his attention away from your bunch to address the remaining skeletons.

"Alternate realities is a thing, yay." Despite the 'yay' there was no excitement to your voice. "But like, why are we here?"

You shook your head. "No, wait. What do you remember when you passed out?" And just like that, all attention went to Red.

Since you, Stretch and Blueberry were in the same place, the three of you recalled the same thing. Outside, it was snowing, the skeletons were showing you something and then... nothing. That was literally it.

"jus' as boss said it." He shrugged, stuffing his hands into his pockets and sunk into the large purple beanbag. "i went to the basement to fix the machine—" he paused, looking at you warily.

"I know about the creepy machine in the basement," You waved him off then pointed at Stretch. "When monsters came to the surface, fast forward to a few years, I managed to crack him. He spilled everything and I told him everything about me in return."

"i doubt it." Red grumbled, sneaking a look to Stretch before returning to you.

You frowned. "I know. But there is some things people need to keep to themselves. I won't force him or blue to tell me their woes. Instead, I'll wait and be patient until that time comes."

"how many times?" Red straightened, eyeing you with...something behind his words. You furrowed your eyebrows and kept the suffocating eye contact. How many times of what?

He clicked his magical tongue as if he knew what you were thinking and sunk back down into the bean chair. Ignoring the look Stretch had shot him. "figures."

You twisted your tongue, looking at Stretch, the shrug he gave you meant he didn't know what Red meant. Deciding to let it go, you looked at Sans—er, Classic Sans. Boy, you need to get used to this nickname scenario. Otherwise, you'd be losing your head.

"Do you want to lead this...conference meeting..?"

He chuckled from his seat on the bar stool. A hand wrapped around a shot glass, he drowned it in a second and stood up, making his way towards you.

"you're taking this better than i thought you would." He eyed you curiously.

"I learned that monsters and mages were a real deal a few years back. Time travel couldn't be that far off the map."

Sans flinched at that, tearing his eyes to look at Stretch almost accusingly. The latter only popped a lollipop into his mouth and crossed his arms behind his skull, seemingly relaxing onto the couch. So what if you knew almost everything? It meant he didn't have to sneak around and limit your freedom in the manor.

Just to be safe, Sans was going to put some ground rules. Especially for you since his line of work is... well, dangerous for someone like you.

Smiles, bubbly, and optimistic. Almost like his brother but a few notches down. Even if Papyrus knew about his line of work, it could be potentially dangerous to a human.

"Ground rules," he spoke, eyeing you carefully as you turned and wedged yourself in between Blue and Stretch, the soft smile still presented on your lips.

"c'mom classic." Red, His Alternate, moaned. "s'boring."

"but it's safe." He immediately snapped. A long sigh came from Sans as he pinched his nose ridge. "especially for y/n."