Ch.5. Riddle-tones

Chapter Summary: In a squabble.
_______________________________________________

You stared at the cravings in your palms, ignoring the worried look Papyrus gave you. You glanced up at him for a second then back at your hands.

"I need gloves." You whispered, getting of the bed and quickly swiped your pants from the floor and exited the room, ignoring the concerning looks Stretch sent your way. Walking down the hallways was difficult when trying to put you pants on at the same time, but hey, you managed to do it just before you descended the stairs.

This is so cool. Being forced into a situation you have no idea how you got there, there is multiple doppelgängers of your friends and supposedly you, too. And you wake up with strange marking on your palms from a dreamless sleep!

Everything is just fucking wonderful.

Ignoring the looks from the others, you made a beeline towards the kitchen. Your palm began to throb the closer it came to Edge. Eyeing him, you shuffled out of his way and wrapped your arms around Blue's neck, hiding your face from Papyrus who stopped cooking to look at you. The sentence Blue spoke slowly died out in his throat, giving your arm a gentle pat.

"ARE YOU OKAY, Y/N?" He asked, loosening your hold and turned around. A soft cyan colour dusting over his cheeks as he patted your back.

"Can I borrow your gloves?" You asked, pulling away and pointedly avoided Papyrus's worries stare.

"NOT THAT I MIND," Blue spoke. His eyebrow bone furrowing softly as he looked at you in confusion. "BUT WHY DO YOU NEED THEM?"

Your hold on him tightened, resting your chin on his shoulders and opened your palm, making sure it was out of view of Papyrus, and examined the numbers and letters. It puzzled you. The carving looked like it was punctured and ragged but there was no blood and no pain.

Only the uncomfortable pulsing and heat.

"I..." You paused. What were you going to say? That you woke up with your hands wounded but it feels like nothing it there? "I like the colour blue."

And with that, his face erupted in a soft cyan glow, illuminating the darkest corners in the kitchen as you pulled back.

You laughed at that, murmuring 'cute' under your breath as you unwrapped your arms around him and look a step back, holding your hands behind you as you rolled on your heel.

"So~?" You hummed.

Blue avoided your stare, nodding his head as he muttered to himself under his breath and slipped off his gloves from his hands, handing it to you while avoiding your stare.

"Awe, c'mon." You spoke, looping your finger underneath his chin and pulled him to look at you, while taking the gloves from his hold. "I won't damage them, I'll be careful."

His face was lit like a lamp. Nodding his face, unable to trust his voice as you slipped on the gloves. Patting his head, you looked up at Papyrus.

"Whatcha' cooking?" You asked, looking to stove.

"...UH? OH!" He shook his head, looking at the pan with a soft gasp. Flipping over the omelette. "BREAKFAST. WE'RE ALMOST FINISHED, COULD YOU GO WAKE UP SANS AND THE OTHERS IN THE MEANTIME?"

You rubbed your hands together, the fabric felt odd on your skin but otherwise comfortable. You nodded your head at the tall skeleton. "Alright."

Your eyes went to Blue, who was whispering under his breath and seemed to be in his own world. You didn't bother talking to him, thinking that whatever he was thinking was important to you as you walked out the kitchen.