Ch.4. Not-so-great meeting

Chapter Summary: The void is confusing. 
__________________________________________

The moment you returned, you ducked your head from view and immediately retreated back to Blue and Stretch. Only there, did you exhale loudly as if you've been submerged into deep ocean waters.

Holding onto Stretch's sweater, you gently laid your head on his shoulder. Silently closing your eyes as the tension in the air thickened drastically.

You furrowed your eyebrows and opened your eyes. You felt safe being near your friends, despite the friendly nature of Papyrus you still felt rather tense around him, but there were others around who were similar to your pair.

Red, was off the scales, he didn't match Stretch. He was heavily guarded and tensed—you didn't know much about Monster souls, only the six souls they had managed to gather.

Edge was...he was the caption of the guard, despite how you woke him up, your survival instincts screamed 'danger' as if you made the wrong choice he would skewer you.

The fell bros were, to keep it short, very dangerous. Red didn't hesitate to attack you when that blaster went off and the way Edge reacted to your touch—like he didn't want anything to do with you.

Your attention when to the two brothers, they had moved the furthest from the rest, keeping to themselves with shoulders squared and hands twitched in case of an attack.

Your attention when to (apparently) the classics.

Sans was...you couldn't read him. You had trouble looking past that grin of his. Unlike red, he resembled Stretch the most, personality wise. A sigh came from you. Upon the first few years of knowing Stretch, he was beyond stubborn. Keeping his distance from you and always cut any conversation short as possible.

You couldn't help but wonder how long it'll take him to accept you.

You knew a fake smile when you saw one.

Sans must've felt your eyes on him as he turned to look at you. He shrugged and gave you a sleazy grin.

You rolled your eyes and looked up at Papyrus. He was like your Papyrus but with Blue's personality. It was confusing and... well, weird. And if he was anything like Blue, you knew the innocent act was just a play—or was it? This alternate universe crap is starting to make your head pulse.

"you alright?" Stretch asked, placing his hand above yours and gave you a little squeeze.

You glanced at the faces in the room before looking at Stretch. A curt nod. "Yeah.. it's just, weird." You muttered under your breath. Making sure it was just Stretch that heard you.

He dropped your hand in favour of messing your hair. A surprised gasp came from you as you playfully slapped his hands away.

"welp. This has been a long day," Sans spoke, successfully filling the silence.

"we'll talk more when everyone is fully rested." He rubbed his neck bone, avoiding to look at you all together as he pointed to the door. "paps and i will let you choose out a room." He glanced at you for a second, shrugging his shoulders and shoved his hands into his pockets before strolling out of the room.

You smiled at Sans, quickly following after him and Papyrus with Stretch hot on your heels, Blue next to him with the Fell brothers a few feet behind the rest of you, whispering to one another.

You bid your friends (and newer friends) a goodnight before hiding away into your new, yet not-so new, room. Locking the door behind you as you slipped off your pants and crawled under the covers.