Ch.7. Royalty

Chapter Summary: The Council with a side of Kings and Queens.
_______________________________________________

Stretch wanted anything but to wipe that snarky grin off your lips, you looked like Red when you grinned like that. Arms wrapped around Blue with (colour) eyes trained on the council discussing the terms and conditions on their stay in this universe.

There were six human councilmen and one Monster councilman. Each councillor held a soul trait painted on their chairs behind and over their heads. The lone monster councillor had a inverted-heart and was centred in the middle with three humans on each of his sides.

Stretch wasn't sure if the council was similar to his universe's as the government had assigned people to represent the human race, all from different regions with history.

Such as; America, England, France, China, Russia and Germany.

But by the looks of it, this place was very different as their councillors held the same accent and slang, instead of one where the councilmen were from the same city. Stretch would have shook his head at this if he weren't in the presence to people in higher status.

You, however, didn't care if you were being inappropriate. If you wanted to hug Blue, you were going to do it. No human with a stick up their asses was going to stop you.

Sans spoke the truth when he said they were going to be tight lipped about it. With a flick of their wrist they could come up with a backstory and a myth about 'surface monsters' which were the usual Vampires, Werewolves and Faeries. Enchantress or Sirens and Mermaids. Surely skeleton monsters couldn't be that far off the tree of supernaturals.

Stretch almost scoffed when they had explained fairytales revolving around these supposed 'surface monsters'. He hadn't voiced his thoughts upon knowing you thought they were real once in your life.

Now, you were convinced anything could be possible. The world was filled with mysteries and unanswered questions.

Humans were superstitious like that.

"The situation for Miss Y/N L/N is a whole different matter we'll have to discuss, as we cannot come up with a story to explain the sudden appearance of someone who works so close to the royals and the council." A woman spoke, freckles dotting her face beautifully. Ivory skin glowing from the stream of sunlight from the high windows, auburn hair neatly pulled back into a low bun with green eyes that pierced into the souls of each skeleton monster presented; Edge, Red, himself and Blue.

However, her attention found you. Stretch had to stop himself from going to your side, holding your hand for his comfort, silently warning the council with a simple look.

"Do you understand this, Miss Y/n? We cannot allow you to keep your name while your time here."

Your snarky grin vanished and your hold around Blue's shoulders tightened as the smaller skeleton monster hooked his hand around your forearms. Tapping your arm in a rhythm only the three of you knew, and you instantly calmed down.

The smile that replaced your snarky grin was almost unsettling as that usually meant you were finding an obvious loophole to this term.

"How about when I'm nowhere near this world's Y/n? You know about doppelgängers and how there are 7 others that look exactly like you."

"We are well aware of that fact." A male snapped. Pepper hair slicked back with gel, hard blue eyes boring into your calm (colour) ones. His beard long and peppery like his hair with a moustache on his upper lip. If he had long hair, he could've looked like those Viking people you shown him.
"But Y/n's status could be at stake if people connected the dots or mistook you as Y/n herself!"