Ch.11. 'Stretch'ed Out

Chapter Summary:  The overflowing dam of the situation finally falls and you end up fighting with your skele-boy

Chapter note: When You/Reader is alone with Swap!Bros, she refers them as 'Sans' and 'Papyrus' instead of 'Blueberry' and 'Stretch'. She only calls them via nicknames is when they are around the others.

Dinner was quiet.

Tensed for most people but you found it pleasant, the last moments with your boys until you returned three days later or shorter—it felt so long and pointless to do this but you also knew you couldn't leave those two in the forest alone.

Stretch had sticked to your side most of the night after dinner, looping his arms around your waist and resting his chin on your head while you washed the dishes, following you like a lost puppy up the stairs with a loose hold on the hem of your shirt, he waved off Sans if he tried to talk to him and pulled you closer—not that you have any obligations against his affective nature but at times it got a tad bit too annoying.

Like right now.

Laying in the bed with a book in your hand, Stretch clinging on you like a koala underneath the sheets, soft snores coming from the lump as you lowered the book and softly glared.

You loved Stretch. You loved Blueberry. But there were times when one of them went overboard with their affections that you found almost suffocating, and you needed a break.

like, a few hours break. Not three whole days break.

The door to you room slammed open, making you jump from the sudden act and slam the book shut. Your eyes met with Blue as he strolled in, softly closing the door with a sheepish look.

"BROTHER!" He said, ripping the covers off of you and huffed at the sight of Stretch. "THERE YOU ARE! I NEED HELP CALIBRATING ON SOME PUZZLES."

"It's late, why are you working on puzzles now?" You asked, silencing praising Blue for having Stretch unlatch from you. He lazily sat up and waved at Blue.

"heya, bro."

"LETS GO!" He groaned, grabbing a hold of his wrists and yanked him off the bed. "Y/N PROBABLY NEEDS TO SLEEP FOR HER TRIP TOMORROW MORNING..." he trailed. "AND I WANT TO SHOW HER SOMETHING BEFORE SHE LEAVES! WILL YOU HELP ME, BROTHER?"

You blinked at Blue, unsure how to react because - it felt like he was saying goodbye forever. Something in your chest tugged harshly at that thought, and you knew what it was by the way Stretch had flinched once the words had left Blue's mouth.

He looked doubtful and glanced back at you - your hand was raised to your chest, right above your SOUL and had clenched the shirt into your hand. The tug was painful and you couldn't stop the tears that welled in your eyes.

Blue gasped horribly, letting go of Stretch and immediately climbed into your bed until he was knelt in front of you. Skeletal hands pressed against your cheeks and thumbs working to wipe away the tears. The happy and excited stars in Blue's sockets disappeared and replaced by simply blue dots as he wiped the tears falling down your cheeks.

The soft, yet hard, material of bones shook you back into reality. The hushed whispers of Blue made you recoil slightly before leaning back into his touch. A small content hum coming from you as the soft buzz of his magic leaked from his hands and onto your skin, leaving the patch fuzzy and warm.

"NO NEED TO CRY, Y/N! IT'S A HAPPY SURPRISE!"

Oh Blue. You thought. Cupping his hand with your own. Do you not feel that painful tug?