Ch.6. Skele-ton

Chapter Summary: You have a talk with Stretch about this mornings stunt at breakfast. Sans takes you all to the embassy to talk to the council.
_______________________________________________

The silence in the kitchen was heavy, almost unbearable as you shoved the last few bits of your breakfast into your mouth, putting the plate in the sink once you finished and quickly left, keeping your head low.

Closing the door to your room, you sighed heavily and switched the lock despite knowing that Stretch could teleport into your room with a flicker of magic, but that didn't seem important to you. Making your way to your bed, belly flopped into the soft mattress and turned to lay on your side, you grabbed your phone and pulled up the message app. A soft smile appearing on your lips as you scrolled through the previous messages.

Undyne was asking if you had an extra HDMI cord to watch an anime she kept recommending you, Alphys asking what colour suit fitted her best—navy, you noted—for a surprise dinner date with Undyne. Some were from Chara: asking if you had free time this week and if you could take her further into town. Monster kid and his parents; Asgore and Toriel had invited you to their supper that weekend.

Clicking on Naptaton's texts, your smile curled slightly at the newer text messages. Simple 'check this out!' With a link to Youtube and a selfie with his cousin, Hapstablook (also likes to be called mettaton.)

Dropping your phone, you sighed deeply. Theories coming and going as you thought deeper into the situation.

You knew the resets and you knew about to genocide runs. Red was hinting at something completely different, something unrelated to the whole thing. You couldn't think of anything else and despite the frustrations, you knew you'd get your answers in the near future.

Waiting for something to happen was always a pain in the ass, though.

Picking up your phone, you left Napstaton's messages and clicked Sans—er, Blue's.

'Hey, think you could come to my room for a sec?'

After sending it, you sat up and pressed your back against the wall. Not a minute had passed and both Blue and Stretch appeared in thin air with lingering electricity in the air. You pursed your lips and smiled faintly.

You can't let these two go, after everything they were stuck with you whether they liked it or not.

Before you could open your mouth to apologize, Blue threw himself to you and hugged your shoulders, his own trembling violently as he cried and sobbed out apologies.

"I'M SORRY I TRIED TO FIGHT EDGE AND RED. I'M SO SORRY I PANICKED AND THOUGHT THAT THEY WOULD HURT YOU!" He sobbed, gripping your shoulders for dear life.

A small electrical buzz shot down your arms as each blue tears soaked into your shirt. Flinching softly, you quickly wrapped your arms around the skeleton, hoping he could feel the love and adoration you had for him

"No, I'm sorry that I snapped at you, it was uncalled for."

"B-BUT..." Blue trailed, unable to keep his voice steady from his sniffling. You smiled and pressed your lips on his temple, softly carcassing the back of his skull.

"It's okay. You were alarmed and jumped to conclusions, don't apologize for that." You spoke softly, wanting to soothe the skeleton before directing your attention to his more stubborn brother. You mentally sighed at the thought.

A soft hum came from you, tracing circles on the smooth bone underneath your fingertips, the sobs from Blue filling the silence as your telltale hum grew, masking the sobs.