Ch. 16 Meet the horror brothers

Chapter summary: while the household is searching for you, you enjoy your time with Atlas (and Ares but he's distant)
_____________

The next morning was filled with song birds chirping their morning greetings. Your neck feels stiff from the uncomfortable sleeping position as you slowly sit up. A soft yawn came from you as you turned your head to stare out the window.

The green was brighter than you've ever seen in the morning light, the trees swayed gently against the winds (a draft brushing by you) and the clouds you could barely see over the leaves strolled on by.

It was peaceful.

For a second you could see why Atlas and Ares chose a place in the serene forest. Or maybe it was because it reminded them of Snowdin. Whichever it was, you could see the values of it.

You wondered if Blue and Stretch would want to live in the middle of nowhere like this, secluded from society and being forest monsters. Providing your own produce and living off the land.

The thought was comforting and almost inviting, but you knew that Blue wouldn't be able to do the things he enjoyed. Like riding his motorcycle on the highway, leaving early for his morning jog around the neighborhood, volunteering at the local pound, hanging out with Alphys and Undyne. (Although Undyne would usually hang out with Stretch and you. 'you're more my speed..haha...' she said once.)

Stretch wouldn't be able to head to Muffet's, terrorize the kids from the skate park('its funny because they run and trip.') or go shopping with Undyne for their manga collections.

There were a lot of things they would have to give up to live this lifestyle, for a second that made you pause.

What about Ares and Atlas? Did they want to travel freely like your boys? Their deformities were holding them back, not to mention their size but they were still free to do so.

You hated that thought process but if you were being honest, you were terrified at first. They weren't like the others, they were more...

Well. You weren't sure. They were civil and Papyrus- this Papyrus- was a lesser version of that Papyrus.

A soft sigh escaped your lips, folding up the blanket and stood up from the comfy, warm couch. Stretching your arms above your head until you hear a satisfying craack, causing you to groan slightly.

Soft murmurs could be heard from the kitchen, a hot pan shizzling with food yet to be served. Pursing your lips, you walked towards the kitchen. Only to be greeted with Papyrus hovering over the wood stove, a pan with butter in it with eggs in his hands.

"Good morning," you greeted sleepily, taking a seat at the table and resting your forehead against the cool wood.

"OH! GOOD MORNING, Y/N." Papyrus turned to greet you, giving you a full view of the wood stove. It had other pans on it, hot and cooking. One was filled with diced potatoes, the other had...bacon?

"WILD BOAR." Papyrus explained upon following your line of sight. "THERE USED TO BE A PACK AROUND TEARING UP MY GARDEN. WE FINALLY CAUGHT ONE BY OUR TRAPS." He said, going to flip it with a fork.

"Traps?" You voiced, subconsciously feeling the back of your head. The lump was significantly smaller than yesterday but it was still there. "I think I ran into one. It hung me upside down on a tree."

Papyrus tensed, staring at his pans before turning to you, nervously twisting his spatula. "IM SORRY, I THINK WE FORGOT TO TEAR THAT ONE DOWN. ARE YOU OKAY?"