Ch.12. The Forest

Chapter Summary: Sans is uncomfortable and you don't know why. Maybe it's something you said?
you go out into the forest to look for others!

The next morning, you found yourself back in the basement, staring at the lit screen with the locations mapped out for Sans' shortcuts. A small huff came from you as you watched the small dots move about on the forest floor, one shined brighter than the other but kept in close range.

The other two were still within the next city over, but they looked as if they were running down a street.

Pursing your lips into a thin line, you glanced over to the machine tucked in the corner. "Are you going to fix it?" You asked, startling Sans as he wrote on a piece of paper.

"uh, what?" He turned to you, looking over his shoulder and followed your gaze. He quickly looked away from it, you narrowed your eyes softly.

"oh.. probably. the algorithm of the timeline might be corrupted since you all showed up. the best course of action is to give the timelines to settle before attempting anything." He said looking up at the screen, although his white eyelights would travel towards the covered machine in the far corner. "it could cause a larger tear in the time and space algorithm which might cause a world to collapse—i don't know. this is the first time this ever happened."

You pursed your lips, walking towards the machine and gently lifted the covers. The soft scrapes of pen against paper that filled the air stopped abruptly as Sans kept his attention on you.

Licking your dry lips, you yanked the cover off. Small dust particles flew upwards and into your nose, making you sneeze and swat the air in front of your face.

"If you fix it, the bonds would be cut, right?" You asked, not noticing Sans flinch, his boney hand bundling his shirt painfully.

"The only ones intact would be Blue and Stretch's, right?" You say while lightly tracing the cool metal. Completely unaware of the disbelief look in Sans' sockets.

Although that question was for yourself, you didn't know that Sans had been paying attention to your words. The cover pooled on the floor around the machine, crinkling lightly as you took a closer look.

Small dents were littering the machine, unfamiliar fonts—symbols? were scratched in with something sharp, forming sentences with hands, faces and various shapes in a language you didn't recognize.

"i have everything we need." Sans said, easily pulling your attention away from the text and to him. You smiled softly and nodded. Picking up the cover and attempted to recover the machine.

Sans chuckled nervously, outstretching his hand as a misty blue magic picked the cover from your hold and over the machine easily. You huffed playfully, rolling your eyes as you walked towards Sans (unaware of his cautious step back) and grabbed his hand.

"I have to go get my pack in my room, meet you in the back." You said whilst giving his hand a soft squeeze as the two of you left the basement and into the familiar hall near the stairs.

Slipping your hand from his, you quickly went up the stairs. Once again missing the soft look over Sans' feature as he watched you retreat to your room.

Slowly opening your door, you peeked your head in first to make sure Blueberry was still asleep. You sighed softly when you spotted him cuddling up to your pillow and slipped into the room carefully.

Everything was still weird; with how the furniture was arranged and the glass door was on the opposite side of the wall. You could get used to it, get used to everything now that you knew Sans was going to wait until the universe healed itself, whatever the heck that meant.