Chap 21 p 1

Flashback 2 years Drew 15 Nathen 16

"You were supposed to come, and you didn't, let me guess, you were off with Alice again." I already knew he liked her, why would he like me, I had crazy brown hair, bushy eyebrows and I wasn't calm and perfect like the elete girls. I knew I should have never done this, I would end up gaining feelings that would ruin everything.

Nathen blew out his cheeks, ducking into the crawl space after me. I knew he was mad, I could feel the annoyance radiating off of him. He has been so grouchy lately.

"You always jump to conclusions, I already told you, I was not with her, can we please just stop talking, we are going to get discovered." I rolled my eyes even though he couldn't see me in the dim lighting.

"I can't do this anymore, okay, take your stupid machine and go if you want, I'm done." I know it had been building up, everyday when he would go around, and act like ai wasn't there at school, we were in two different worlds, I was done being second best, I didn't have the same freedoms that he had and every inch of it ate me alive.

"What do you mean go, how come your so mad, what did I do." Nathens hand reached out, touching my back, and that feeling alone left a knot twisting in my stomach.

"Please, j just stop. People have been saying things, the girls have been mean, saying that I'm trying to get attention from you, when I didn't want any of this, I just." I had not even noticed that Nathen had crawled and was sitting in front of me now. He held that stupid jar of fire flies, our only light source in here. My breath hitched at how close he sat to me. How did he have such an effect on me.

"You what," he mumbled, his magnetic voice sending shivers down my spine. If I didn't back out now, then I would never. We had been working on this machine for almost a year, a year that had been magical, but also a year of questions.

Before now, Nathen had just been the presidents son, I have never dreamed in 1 million years that I would get to know the person that he was. He was nothing like anybody else imagined him to be. I glanced down at my knees, my hands balling together. Say it Drew.

"Well, I I'm done, you can go on there with whom ever you want, it's your machine anyway, just leave me out of it." I got up, or crawled away, my voice cracking at the end of my statement.

"So your just going to give up now," Nathen was quick, and in seconds he had crawled around a pole, appearing in front of me like a nightmare. A very wonderful and magnificent nightmare.

"I'm not giving up, I don't want to go, I like, I like it here. Let me go, it will be like we never met, you can go to paradise without me." I was about to brush past him, when Nathen blocked my path, his gray eyes piercing into mine. Two electric sunshines. His hands found there way on my shoulders, and we both sat there, not sure what to do. Nathen was the first to break the stare off, chewing his bottom lip in thought.

"Don't lie, you think I don't know you by now, why are you upset, whatever it is, I'm sorry, Drew, what's wrong." He pleaded with me, his hands trailing down my arms, until the soothing touch disappeared. I glanced down at his hands, if only I could tell him, but it would ruin everything. It would ruin our friendship.

He liked Alice, she had made it clear after rubbing all the details of their date into my face, he had stood me up, to be with her, he was using me, just like everyone else,

"I need to go, I'm not supposed to be here, I'm not even an elete." I glanced behind him, the firefly jar lingered in the distance, he knew I loved him, he had put them in that jar just for me.

"What is it, Drew," I pushed past him, Alice's words blazing to the forefront of my mind. "He kissed me, has he ever kissed you Drew, no, because you're a little nothing, a middle class nothing. Why would he like your ugly face."

"I don't even care anyway." I started crawling away, as fast as I could, before the tears escaped my eyes, further and further, I would soon be out of here.

"It's Alice isn't it, Drew," Nathen rushed toward, grabbing my hand, which made me fall backward into him, a hopeless sob escaping my lips.i buried my face into his chest not wanting him to know that I was crying.

I could feel his heart under my ear, it was beating so quick, just like mine. Nathens arms were my paradise, as I lay there, wishing this could be how things were. It felt so right, so perfect, he was my other half, he completed me.

"Your crying," Nathens voice cut through the silence, as he pulled back, lifting my face to gaze at him. I squeezed my eyes shut, laughing with embarrassment. Could this get any worse.

"I, um, I was just." Nathen cocked his head to the side, his gray eyes an open window to his emotions.

"Drew, I don't like her, I was not even with her, I already told you." I glanced up to see him already staring at me, he rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"Yeah but, I just, I don't want to go alone, and I just. I know that the machine only makes one run, and then it destroys itself, I don't want to be alone."

Nathen Drew out a breath, staring intensely at me. "What are you saying." I broke out gaze, my stomach twisting into 1,000,000 knots. I couldn't figure out how to process or put my thoughts into words.

"I just, I know you don't like me like that, I'm um, you go, you can have the machine, I will stay here."
I saw Nathens hand drop from his neck, his eyes latching with mine once again.

"Drew Stetson for someone so smart you sure are dumb." Those were the words that my brain was able to process before his lips crashed onto mine, silencing my head from any further thoughts.

Nathen Noname was kissing me.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Well, here is a flashback chapter, I hope you liked it this was the first kiss they ever had.

I also hope you like the song choice above, I found it the other day and love it