Ch 17 p 3

"Are you going to stand up, or do we need to force you to." The smoke had subsided, but something so much worse stood before us. Two police officers, my father, Conrad's father and Conrad himself.

I hoped he had heard what I said about him.

Nathen pulled the both of us up, my legs were like jelly, my brain no longer able to form any kind of thought.

"It's time she knew, I'm done, you can't control her Conrad, she will remember eventually." By the looks on all their pompis faces, they knew exactly what he was talking about.

I yanked my head around to look at Nathen, he stood, so defeated, as though whatever this was killed him to the core. "What are you talking about."

Everyone watched me, six sets of eyes, eyes that knew something I didn't. People that I had trusted, including Nathen. He hadn't told me, and I had supplied plenty of opportunities. He was just like the rest of them.

"You knew, you knew whatever they did, and you, you went along with it, hoe could you all." I turned, tearing off up the latter there was no way they would see me cry, not Nathen, and never my father.

"Drew, it's not what you think," I heard his voice from below. But I didn't turn around, even though every ounce of me wanted to, I wanted to just be with him, and have it be like it was before, but with no Conrad."

"Drew, get back here," my father growled, but he had never cared about me, so I ran, until I could run no more.

Then I fell to the ground, gripping the dirt into my hands as I cried.

The last words that I heard were let her sleep, she will cool off in the morning.