Chapter 6 part one

"Good morning class, please take out a pencils, and I'll pass out the tests." I rummage through my things, relief flooding through me when my fingers came in contact with something thin and long. I pulled out the pencil, placing it on the hard desk in front of me.

"You look dead," I rolled my eyes not saying anything back to Jacob, he was the same year as I, but the biggest flirt in the school, well except to me. He teased me and was rude to me all the time.

"Jump off a cliff," I muttered, folding my arms. We both turned away as the teacher started handing out the exams, not wanting to get in trouble.

I finished my test in a matter of minutes, passing it to the teacher, and walking out into the hall. I turned the corner, freezing when my eyes caught sight of something, something I did not expect to see in 100 years.

There stood Shya, her lips pressed against Conrad's. Since when had they grown so close, it was not like I cared anyway, she wasn't who I had thought she was.

I didn't want him anyway, but I had to make him fall in love with me, I had to win that competition.

Drew, I froze when I heard his smooth voice call out my name. He stood there, Shya by his side. She shot ne a weak smile, something off in her eyes. I didn't move a muscle, my eyes raking over the pair of them.

"Hi," I mumbled, shoving my hands into the pockets of my jean skirt. Shya sported a yellow dress with ruffles, and had curled her hair, it Cascaded off her shoulders.

"You've met Shya haven't you?" He grinned at me, studying me with his cool calculating eyes. I nodded, meeting Shyas lively eyes, she looked almost as though she were about to scream, as she watched our exchange.

"She is my date to the winter dance," Conrad boasted, shooting her a timely grin. I told myself I didn't care, but a part of me loved the smile he had saved just for me. Curse Shya.

You are not supposed to care.

Nathens words echoed in my head, He can do more then you think.

"I better go," shya stated, letting go of his hand, and darting off down the hall. We were alone, standing in the brick lined hallway.

Neither of us dared to speak, as I slid to the floor, Conrad watching me. We sat there, listening to the ticking of the clock, just lost in our own thoughts until he broke the silence.

"How do you know Nathen," he turned his misty blue eyes on me. My mind sprung into overdrive, and I caught myself searching for words.

"I don't really, um, well you know, know him." Conrad grinned, poking me in the arm.

"I find that hard to believe." Come on Drew you gotta make him fall for you, but how are you supposed to do that when Shya all of a sudden is buddy buddy with him. Think of something, think hard.

"I like your, um, shirt," It came out as more of a question then a statement, wow, I am bad at this, I could learn a thing or two from Allison. Why is he not asking her to the dance?

"Haha, are you trying to change the subject now Miss Drew, well lucky for you, I know how smart you are, and it doesn't work on me.

"Oh really now," I grinned, my mind drifting back to the other day when I had felt his breath against my ear. Control yourself. " so Shya and I are going to compete for your attention," I blurted before I could stop myself.

I heard a low chuckle escape Conrad's lips, as he adjusted his position. His hair was swept back away from his face, his tan skin and bright eyes shining. He flashed me his perfect set of teeth. My eyes betrayed me, drifting lower then his face to take in his toned muscles that contrasted against his nicely fitted black button up.

"That's right," he grinned, as though he had already won over my heart. I rolled my eyes, my sarcastic side getting the best of me. I might be a timid person on the outside, but when someone gets to know me, they better brace themselves.

"And what makes you think I would want to do that," I spat out, regretting it seconds later. I didn't have much of a choice, so why was I testing the waters? I was supposed to make him fall in love, not make him think I hated him. 

Again, he snickered at my statement, turning his mesmerizing eyes on me. How am I supposed to think straight now?
"I think you'll live," he patted my knee, shooting me an encouraging smile. "And besides, I like having you around, you keep things interesting."

My stomach blossomed with butterflies, dancing all around, he likes having me around. I beamed in response, brushing my fingers through my dark locks. He broke the stare off, standing up and shooting out a hand for me. "If you don't want to win for yourself, then win for me, If it were my choice, I think you would know who I would choose."

"Alice," I bit out, cursing myself. Conrad just laughed, turning off down the hall.

"You underestimate yourself Drew Stetson," he called out, before he disappeared behind a corner.

✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅

Well well well,

Another chapter

Sorry if I don't update for about a week, it is the holidays and I will be out of town for a while. But I will try to update as soon as possible