Chap 13 p 2

"Tell me about your life," Conrad stated, his eyes boring into mine.

I watched as the sky molded with the mountains around us, sunlight peeking from behind the thick clouds.

"Well, I like Math and Science." I hadn't really told anyone about how I liked those things, we were supposed to keep things to ourselves until we were married, then we could tell our husbands.

Science made me think of when Nathen and I had gone down to the basement of the Council building, the thought of him brought a knot into my stomach, I had never felt so betrayed, what had I done wrong?

At least it wouldn't hurt so much when he chose another girl at the grand Assembly..

"Why so quiet," Conrad mumbled out, just as the car came to a halt, in a place I had never seen before,

"Because I don't know where we are, but, I um, well I trust you." Conrad's face lit up at my words, and that little sun in my chest grew, he wanted me, he cared about me, and he had planned a day for just the two of us.

I trusted him as well, and slowly knew that my daring thoughts would fade away, and I would become the person I was supposed to be, the girl Conrad wanted me to be.

"Let's go," Conrad declared not waiting for me as he emerged from the car, I followed after him, my eyes taking in what stood before us.

It was a single building, nestled in the trees, as though it was supposed to. Be hidden. It was not a large structure, almost reminiscent of a cabin.

"Hurry up slow poke," Conrad teased, grabbing my arm and pulling me in after him. I didn't let my surprise show on my oh so trained face, as I took in who sat on the couch in front of me.

"Shya, A camera man, and Allice, Mason looking like an odd ball to the side.

I thought he had said it would be a special day for the two of us.

"What is this?" I questioned, turning my attention to Conrad, he grinned, his hand finding its place on the small of my back.

"Welcome Shya and Drew to the Games, where only one of you can win to be my choice of bride, may the best girl win."

The camera man grinned, as he whipped out his camera, shoving it up in my face, all I could think was why the heck had everything been so hidden, and how come Allice and Mason were here?

What was going on, what kind of game was everyone playing?

Shya didn't seam to mind the camera being shoved in her face, in fact, she seamed to have given up her shyness all together, as she took every second of her spotlight time to boast about her new rankings.

"Yes, Drew and I have grown very close, I had the opportunity to do her makeup for the opera." I turned my attention to Allice who now stood next to me, her high pitched voice taking over my senses.

Everything spun around me, the voices, flashing lights, hands that were placed on my shoulders, but most of all, Conrad, who stood in the corner, as though he knew something we all didn't.

That was a thing I didn't miss.

How come I had this new feeling?

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
😍🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️😂

Well, what do you think of everything that happened in this chapter. Why do you think Conrad is rushing everything onto her?

Thank you everybody so much for the support, I love you all and I am so happy that you are enjoying this book.