Chap 19 p 3

Flashback

I had gotten used to sleeping on the ice to the bone concrete ground, it didn't cause my body to shiver anymore since I had made the floor my home.

"Is he coming," I jerked my eyes open to see my father,his eyes were shadowed by dark circles, the stress lines on his face more prominent then ever.

My fingernails were no more then stubs the skin under them peeking out since I had nearly chewed them to non existence. "Father please, I will cause you no trouble, just let me go."

My voice was no louder then a soft wind, I lay there, helpless, as my father answered my question with the slamming of the door, a bold and unapologetic no.

Defeated, I slid completely into the now foreign ground, this time it didn't take me into its arms, it was no longer my home, the floor had become a prison.

————————-

Bang, bang, bang. My eyes bolted open at the prominent gunshot sounds, a flash of lightning crashing through the air as well, the rain now falling in earnest.

Springing up to my full height, I tore toward where Nathen had gone minutes ago, or hours, I had no idea. A foreign firey sawdust smell swallowed my senses , thick rain clouding my view of two figures, one now on the ground, doubled over in pain.

If it hadn't been so foggy, maybe I
Could have acted faster I screamed in my head, torn between helping the person in pain, or running . "Drew, no, get out of here, what do you think you are doing." Blinking, I wheeled around to see Nathen, coming at me from behind. He was limping.

"N Nathen, are you okay?" His eyes were so dark, begging me to vanish, get out of here. I was not weak anymore, I was strong and I would stay, no more could people tell me to go somewhere, act a certain way. I was my own person and...

"Drew, look out Drew," before I could act, I was thrust against the ground, my hands scraping against the gravel, Nathen hovered over me, panting, I turned to gaze at him, attempting to catch my own breath, I wiped the drops of rain that ran down his forehead off. "We've gotta go," he hissed into my ear, yanking me up with him.

I flashed my eyes over to meet a very much darker pair of brown ones, just like mine, my fathers.

"What are you doing, why did you have that gun aimed at me, I'm your own." I trailed off, as I caught a sight of Greg sprawled out on the floor, blood blanketing his shirt, pain oozed out id his shaking body, as he clung to his last stitch of life, before it would all be taken away from him.

Bang bang

Nathen drug me along with him, as I whipped my head around one last time, Greg's clenched fists now lay limp, I wondered if he had entered into the next life.

"Shhhhhh," Nathen ordered when I opened my mouth to speak, I wrapped his arm around me, allowing him to put some of his weight onto me, I couldn't stabd to see him like this, and it was my fault.

"We let you get away once, I won't do it again," my father bellowed from behind us, shooting his weapon blindly into the air, the shots rang out, mixing in with the cracks of thunder and Lightning, a silent melody of the war that was about to break out, as we threw our precious plans out the window, now it was up to us, to see if paradise would ever be found.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕🦾🦾🦾🦾🦾🦾🦾🦾🦾🦾🦾🦾🦾🦾🦾

Where are you guys, it looks like the climax is finally here :-) I hope you are enjoying this book let me know what you think.