"Alright, I'll see what I can get out of her,"

"Can I come to the gym with you in new year, because she goes, and you'll go again, and I don't want to be left out,"

"You're welcome to join, but if you're too tired then that's okay,"

I threw out rubbish away and we got petrol, Harry picking a chocolate bar for Lauren too. When we got home, mum wasn't back yet, but Harry offered to clean the kitchen.

Meanwhile, I went upstairs to see Lauren.

"Hey you, Harry said you've not been eating much?"

"My period cramps are bad,"

"I'm sorry, can I get you anything?"

"A cuddle,"

Her voice was cracking, and she choked out a sob as I started to rub her stomach.

"When did this start ay?"

"Tuesday,"

"So why didn't you eat last weekend?"

"I get them before as well. I can't move,"

"Perhaps we could get you to see Luke about them being so bad, because things can help,"

"No,"

"I think we should, all you would have to do was talk, and he might press your stomach, but that's it,"

"After Christmas,"

"Well it'll have to be in the new year,"

In silence, we laid here, enjoying the company of one another. As an older brother, I had always normalised talking about periods, so it wasn't uncomfortable.

We'd also not seen each other properly for a while, so I was grateful for this time.

When mum got home, she was delighted that Harry has cleaned the kitchen, and quietly made me come to the kitchen because Lauren fell asleep.

"Lauren hasn't slept properly for days, so thankyou ,"

"After Christmas, I'll take her to see Luke,"

"Thankyou,"

"Harry has been fed, Lauren should eat some toast when she wakes up,"

"Right," she sighed, "I'll see you on Tuesday,"

I hugged her tightly, kissing her cheek.

"Have fun with Marcus, Ava will be so happy,"

I went back home, which was painfully quiet. A year ago, it was like this. No happy Ava bouncing round, no surprise kisses from Viola.
Just me and my thoughts.

However, this time round, they weren't as bad- if bad at all. I made myself a coffee and showered, changing into my pyjamas. My bed was cold and empty, but stretching out as far as I could was nice.

Milo and Montana came into my room, Montana whining, and Milo not as excited anymore.

"I know, I miss my girls too,"

Milo licked my face, and Montana practically started to cry, rolling over to where Viola would usually be.

"I can't have you crying all nice Montana, she'll be back soon,"

Milo jumped on her, the two of them having some sort of playfight, while I scrolled through my phone.

I'd let Ava have instagram, so I checked her followers to make sure some random people weren't following her. She was following a few celebrities, a few youtubers, but mainly people from school.