Twenty Three

Quick summary b/cuz a lot has happened. I feel like maybe some of you might be confused?

Kore pricked the rose|| which bound her in Underwood for 7 days

After 7 days she was free to go but ate the forbidden fruit in the garden.

The fruit consumed her soul (killing her)

Because she died, Aides knew he could revive her if he gave her life but under his power. He gifted her life but her new life can only be lived in his realm= she is chained to the underworld

She is bound not only to him(he gave her a piece of his soul) but the realm.

Now that she is essentially "his" he is forcing her to marry him.

Even though the wedding will be going through, our soft spoken KANG gave Kore another chance to freedom. If she can resist falling in love with him, he will give her her freedom. NO LOOPHOLES OR TRICKS!

_____

I move through the eerie palace and see a doorway hidden in the stony crevices that was unfamiliar to mine. Thinking of my time in this realm made me realize my hesitancy. I had not ventured anywhere besides my bed and dinning room. I thought it best to get acquainted with the scenery as long I was stuck here.

I slowly opened the door and was met with a room full papers and books. As I stepped into the room, my head shot up to the vials of glowing green potions and crystal red vials. Dusty books and old cow webs decorated the eerie room.

Three older women hunched above a cauldron with a string and a pair of scissors; singing and dancing a eerie tune. "AHHHHH!!!" a vibrant scream sounded against the fiery walls. They had just cut their thin gray string with a pair of scissors and into the room flew a soul from earth.

"Kore! We have been anticipating your arrival" they say joyfully, not turning from the hot steam, "come in come in!"

"How did you know my name" I asked.

"Never mind questions child! Come in! Come hither" they signal me with their spiny fingers. Each woman was old and wrinkly. I couldn't imagine what they would have looked like if they were alive.

"Who are you three?" I ask. They finally turn to face me and smile. "You are a pretty one daughter of Demeter" they recited.

"We are the Three fates. Do you wish to know your future?" the tallest of the three asked.

"My future?"

"Your FATE! YOUR DESTINY" the middle one takes my hand, "It lies here in this liquid!" she pointed. The tallest woman skipped to the shelf and took a small vial of red liquid. "Demons blood" she bragged and snipped a piece of my hair with the same pair of scissors from before. They each twirl their fingers across the cauldron and a thick smut of fog shot into the skies.

"Come. And see!" they coax me, leading me closer to the fire. I cautiously follow them and tiptoed to stand into the liquid. My eyes adjusted to the darkness but I see myself on earth playing in the fields of my home. I looked peaceful and happy. My mother came out with sweet tarts and pies as the nymphs and I frolicked among the flowers.

"This is my fate? That means I escaped this realm!" I smiled.

I knew it!

I could never fall in love with a monster like him. The three women said nothing and made the picture dissolve.

"No!! I need to see the rest! I need to understand how I escaped!"

"Kore. Just like the coins the people bring to Charon, there are to sides to each destiny. Your future is like fork, wedged between two crossroads. One fate is filled with peace and another filled with discourse."