Twelve

The dark trees and emerald skies transport me to whimsical world of the unknown.

"Kore... my spirits are unsettled." Lila whimpers.

"You have always been more fearful than Rina and I" I chuckled, "come on!" I pull her hand into mine and lead her deeper into the trees.

"Maybe this time, her hesitation proves useful?" Rina chimes.

"Not you too!" I groan and stop to face her.

"I won't go! I refuse!" Lila protested. My eyes follow her lips as she bit them with fear. Maybe their fear was a omen for danger soon to come? Nymphs were the supernatural beings of the earth, sometimes seeing things we gods couldn't.

"Fine. You two can cower here in fear." I shrug, "I'll see you at the banquet tonight." I sigh, knowing they would follow as they were both obligated to protect me.

"Fine!" Lila snaps, still on edge.

"Okay! We will go" Rina pouted with defeat. Both girls groan and reluctantly follow behind me.

———

Deeper into the forest we go until we stop to against the bark of a tree. I smile as I see the blooming plants and tranquil spring in the distance.

It was beautiful!

"See! There is nothing more here than a beautiful spring! Come! lets go for a swim!" I suggest, carefully peeling of my clothes and folding them in a branch to the side. Mother would kill me if I returned home soaked like last time.

"Kore! we must be careful!" she warns.

I wave to her and run to dip my fingers in the waters. "It's so cold!" I inform them and carefully push my feet into the water to dive in. 

I submerged into the cool spring, water caressing each part of my naked body. I slowly rise and play with the water lilies scattered across the surface.

 I slowly rise and play with the water lilies scattered across the surface

Aidoneus

Zeus was right. She was at the meadows harvesting the fruits of the earth.

I curse my spirits as I inspect her innocence; my eyes feasting upon her figure; she was more beautiful than the lilies of the earth.

Was it possible to fall in love at first glance?

Her bosoms were full of life, each bouncing freely as she bent to pick up flowers in the meadows. Her body attacked my demons; how rich her umber skin glowed. I cursed myself for invading her privacy but praised her for her foolishness. How I wanted to tattoo her skin with my teeth.