Four

2 months later

There was no secret of what Demeter and I shared. Every deity amongst Olympus could see it but knew it best to stay quiet.

"Meet me by that garden of Gethsem tomorrow" I suck the supple of her mound as we breathe heavily, both of us fatigued from our recent round of heat. We had made love many times these past few months; each spot we had christened across Olympus.

"Zeus..." her lips wrinkle with concern, " I must tell you something"

"What is it?" I ask, running my fingers across her soft cheeks. She looks down at her sweaty palms and turns away.

"Tell me" I pull her chin to face mine. She cries silently as her golden eyes study the characteristics of my visage.

"Do you love me god of thunder?"

"More than anything in the world Demeter" I proclaim. I was infatuated with her love; she was the simple godess who had planted her seeds in my heart.

"More than even Hera?" she asks.

"How insignificant a woman becomes when I bask in your presence." I chortle, caressing her lips with care.

She still refuses to speak her truth and rests her tiny palms onto my stomach.

"I must go my love. I am expected at the banquet of the gods tonight but I'll see you tomorrow. Goodbye mother goddess" I kiss her goodbye and leave her room. We had an early meeting with the other Olympians to discuss plans to expand the fields so I knew she could use the rest.

——

I enter my room to see Hera laid across the bed. She was dressed in a soft pink robe in preparation for the banquet.

"Hera" I greet her as I begin to remove my thunder bolts.

"That unmistakable scent? I have smelt it many times before" she brags.

"Are you drunk my dear?"

"Drunk on sorrow and pain" she sang, standing up to face me. "Why Zeus? Do you not care for the burden you press against my heart?" she cries.

"Hera? What ever do you mean?"

"Your stupid shaft Zeus! It has seen more goddesses than the light of day!" she fumes.

"Hera" I grab her shoulders to comfort her, quickly pushing Demeter from my thoughts.

"I told you Zeus! I begged and pleaded... I told you any goddess except her!"

Zeus's heart shattered as he heard the pain laced behind her voice. Hera had made her intentions clear and had begged him to stop his conniving ways.

Many times she would tell Zeus of her breaking point; how this time would be her final straw. She would threaten to leave him and one time in fact, she did, but Hera was as powerless as Zeus and always came crawling back.

But this time, there was a change in Hera's heart when she saw Demeter and Zeus together; her spirits became unsettled.

"Hera... what we have is nothing more than convenience..."

"You must think I am blind god of thunder" she smiles softly, "the way your spirit lights up when you see her face is a light that has been burned out since our first inception"

"I love you Hera and only you! The others mean nothing to me"

"I have heard this speech before. A thousand times more than I have wished too. The only difference now is that I am less naive than when I heard it's first origin" she chuckles sarcastically.

"Hera.... she means nothing to me" I plead for mercy.

"Lies!" she snaps, turning away from me, "I see the way you look at her; the way your heart stops at the very sight of her beauty. I am a prideful women but I am sane! I can admit when my match has been met."

"Hera, my love. You are the thunder—-"

"ENOUGH!!! ." she grabs a vase of flowers and throws it behind me, it's glass shattering against the wall. "You love me but you desire sin! Your inclinations are stronger than your temperament."

She waltzed over to invade my space, running her soft manicured fingers across my naked chest.

"Cease this god of thunder.
End this infatuation with her or you will know me no more. The paintings that line these walls will be your only chance to be in my presence.
I will leave and this time.... I will mean it" she whispers, kissing my chest and leaving me alone to think.

 I will mean it" she whispers, kissing my chest and leaving me alone to think

Zeus turned to face the golden pillars in the distance of Mt. Olympus, thinking of Hera's vow. He loved Demeter more than even Hera but how foolish would it be to go through a downfall of misery with his wife for the rest of his life?

Hera's wrath was far more deadly than the peace Demeter would bring.
He would not lay restless.

No.

Not for her.

——-

A/N:
Hera actually thinks she did something huh? 💀💀

And Don't worry!
The Zeus/Demeter arc is almost over. Just needed to introduce the origins of what's to come.

Also!

Drop your suggestions for a model for Aides! He needs to be dark/sinister looking. I already have one person in mind but I want to see if y'all have anybody else that can compete.