Forty Seven

Hera

"I can't believe that little prick had the gall to show her face in these sacred Mountains. With your brother no better" I hissed, curling the last strand of my hair, forming them into tight ringlets. Zeus sighed, indifferent to my complaints. He stood from our bed and went to our balcony, looking to the deities as they entered into Mt. Olympus.

"Forget it ..." he muttered through worried eyes; it was the first time I had seen him show the emotion. 

Good.

"Who cares about them. We need to focus on the trial on hand" he suggested foolishly. How foolish he was to think there was a chance of redemption. Anyone with eyes could see that he had raped that girl...even I could so it.

 I stood from my marble chair, invading his space as he stared me down. "Don't remind me what I must focus on Zeus. We wouldn't be in this mess if your manhood wasn't so eager!" I snapped, slapping his cheek with a mighty force. His neck twisted from the impact of my hit. I was thrilled he had allowed me to do it; he knew I had every right. The amount of torture he had put me through was unbearable.

How foolish of me was I to stay?

"Hera... it wasn't me" he lied so unconvincingly. A lazy chuckled emerged from my lips as I heard his deception, walking to distance myself from his sins. "Hera...please" he came behind me, holding each of my shoulders with care. 

I snapped a shoulder away to distance myself from him, pulling the pathetic strand of cloth that had fallen off my shoulder. "It's all that little bastard's fault. If you weren't so eager to find Aides a suitor, you would have never went to that party."

"Kore?" he questions blindly.

"Yes KORE" I jeer, "she needs to die. I can't stand to look at her anymore" I seethed, getting riled up as I peeked out the balcony. I fumed as I saw her and the sea monster named Medusa enter the garden. All eyes were transfixed on the two of them, praying for the day they would ley down their guards so they could take them.

I needed to put on my best theatrics to get Zeus out of trouble and then after the trial, I would tell Iris to do it. 

I needed to act soon.

—-

Kore

I went into the garden of Gethsem, taking in the calming views of shrubbery and trees. Medusa walked over to the tree in the center of the garden and laid flat so her snakes could drink from the clear waters. It was so peaceful and serene; a stark contrast from the hustle and bustle outside.

"So what's your story Kore?" she asked me through a wistful glance.

"I have no story to tell. Aides was my first love... I love him and am the queen of the underworld."

"That is all?" she frowned, prying for more. 

"Well..." I falter, thinking of my true origin story, "The man I never knew existed suddenly became to be my greatest foe."

"Wow" she sighed.

"My own father" I confessed.

"Ouch. And I thought being turned into a hideous beast was bad" she chuckles reminiscently.

"He disowned me and banned my mother from living out as a true god on Mt. Olympus. Now he is on trial"

"Zeus is your father?" she asked, not with disbelief but with humor.