I giggled. I spent the whole period talking to Mrs. Welms basically about reality.

Lindsay and I walked to lunch together. When we were walking to the cafeteria, we encountered Nicole, but she had no reaction towards me except for a dirty look. I didn't mind because I gave her the same expression.

"It'll be fine to sit my crutches down. I can just limp."

"I'll fix your tray," Lindsay intervened.

I shrugged my shoulders. "At least I tried." Lindsay sat my bag and my books on the lunch table. I saw the door open and in walked Baylor, Jo, Addison, Lane, Chase, Steph, and Jesse.

They were in the midst of laughing, Baylor and Chase and Lane, and the girls were following behind. Baylor looked directly at me and winked.

"Hey." He laid his books on top of mine, and being the total hipster he is, he doesn't carry a bookbag.

"Hey," I grinned while he kissed my temple.

"Don't tell me you're cripple!" Chase exclaimed with a powerful smile on his face to signify he was joking.

I laughed, "Not for long!"

"That cast is one sexy beast," Steph gorged, making Lane and Chase laugh.

"Shut up, Steph," Baylor spoke. I popped his arm and scornfully glared.

He smirked. "K, I'm leaving to get some lunch," Jesse announced. Lindsay had walked out from the line with two trays in her hands and Lane whistled at her real quick.

"You're not getting lunch?" I asked Baylor, who was staring at the door.

I peeked over and saw Derek walking to the line and they both held eye contact. They were both glowering at each other.

"I wish you two would just stop all of this nonsense."

"Is it drama between the two drama queens again?" Lindsay asked casually.

"Apparently so."

Baylor rolled his eyes at Lindsay and flicked her off.

"No, I'm not. I lost my appetite."

I groaned, "Seriously?"

"Yes." He groped my hand and placed our joined hands in his lap.

Five minutes later, the four boys, Lane and Chase, and the two other boys who I hadn't really held a conversation with Jesse and Steph's boyfriends had joined our table. But I have met them before: Gareth and Tyler.

While everyone began talking, laughing, and carrying on, Baylor was the only one who wasn't talking or joining in on the conversations.

"Are you okay?" I squeezed his hand.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he grinned to try and assure me, but I didn't have it.

"No you're not, what's wrong?"

"It's nothing major, I'll just tell you later." My eyebrows arched, and I held a long stare.

I laid my head on his shoulder. I finished my lunch ten minutes ago, only eating the chicken strips that were on my plate. My eyes glanced across the lunchroom. Two guys were throwing corn at each other, girls were fixing their makeup and Derek was gazing at me.

I caught eye contact with him and he softly smiled. I done the same out of kindness. He looked away and turned back to his crew, and I done the same.

"Do you know when you're getting your cast off, Adalynne?" Addison questioned softly.

"Um, prolly in about four weeks," I answered.