Chapter 7 - Kings of Leon

Start from the beginning

I acted out writing for English and shooting someone for History. He laughed at my acting, I pouted at him.

"See, Elle, this is why you aren't an actress!" he chuckled. I chuckled too, not only because he insulted my awesome acting skills, but also because he remembered his old nickname for me.

He carried on: "Whereas, I, am an incredible actor!"

What a show off! Bet he's just as crud as me! I laughed at that. He really hadn't changed, still had huge ego, still made me laugh when I felt like crying.

However, my laughter was interrupted by the arrival of someone at our table. I looked up cautiously, dreading the worst.

But, my fear was over-run by guilt when I saw who it was. I flinched as my soft gaze met Elliot's angry, hard one.

"Why the hell did you leave me! I got lost!" he seemed furious. Obviously so did my saviour sat across the table from me.

"Hey, hey! Lay off the lady!"

Elliot whipped round to have a go out him too, but stopped dead in his tracks.

"Leon?" Elliot asked, not believing his own eyes.

"Elliot?"

I was completely baffled. They knew each other?!?

"I didn't know you moved!"

"Neither!"

Great, now I felt left out.

"So, how do you know Elle?" Leon asked.

"Whose Elle?"

Leon gestured at me.

"Oh," exclaimed Elliot. "Lana! We bumped into each other this morning and she fell for me!"

I snorted, yeah right! I passed out it doesn't count! I gave Elliot a skeptical look that shouted, 'Really?'

"I see," chuckled Leon. "Sounds like Lana to me!"

That blooming cheek!!! I do not 'fall' for guys.

"You never said, Leon, how do YOU know Lana?"

"We were best friends until we were 11, then I moved and met you."

"Oh, ok."

I felt really awkward in this conversation as I couldn't add anything. I dare not risk talking, as I would have to talk pretty loud over the general noise in the cafeteria.

So instead, once again, I got out my phone and sent a text to Leon, this time saying: 'How the HECK do you 2 know each other? And don't talk about me like I'm not here, it's rude! Didn't your mother ever teach you how to act around a lady?'

Leon's phone buzzed again, and he read it. This time he laughed, and read the text out to Elliot. However, Elliot did not laugh, in fact he looked saddened by it. Oops, wonder what is going on there. I only meant it as a joke, because Leon used to have hour long talks with his mum about how to treat girls. It was probably an inside joke, which is why Elliot didn't get it.

Oh well, the day must go on.

And so it did. The bell rang, and the next three lessons past without a worry. Soon enough it was lunch time, and for the time in over4 years, I was looking forward to it. I hadn't seen Leon since break as he was in a different class, with none of the first six lessons the same.

I ambled into the cafeteria with Elliot by my side. Much to my surprise, my not talking hasn't been a problem. Elliot has been happily chatting away to me non-stop in between lessons. I gave him my number so if there was something important I needed to tell him I could text it to him.

I searched the lunch room for Leon's spiky blond hair, that would stand out like a sore thumb as nearly all the boys in the school had brown, black or ginger hair, but not blond. Wonder why?

I spotted him over in the corner. He had saved a table for four, even though there was only three of us. I quickly got my food, and hurried over to him. I plonked down in my seat and grinned at my best friend. He grinned back, his handsome face become even more handsome.

I whipped out my phone and texted Leon: 'How's your mum? And Bella??'

"They're fine thanks, they have missed you though. That's one of the reasons why we moved down here, not only did I miss you, but they did too." he smiled once he read the text. I loved Leon's family, even though that had that.... THING as a father, their mum made up for it, and it wasn't as bad as their dad had left 8 years ago, and they made up for mine. I think the saying: 'God gave us our family, but thank heaven we can choose our friends' really applied to me.

There was a thud next to me and I looked to see Elliot next to me, grinning like an idiot.

I quickly texted him too: 'Who slipped too many drugs in your juice box? Seriously, you look like your high!'

He burst out laughing. Jeez, ok, now I know he is on drugs.

"I'm not on drugs, Lana! I'm just so happy!"

Again, I sent him a text: 'Care to explain why? Or I may have to phone the police and get you arrested for drug abuse.'

Once more, he burst out laughing. I was SERIOUSLY worried. What the HELL could have made him like that?!?

"I just found that my dad's filing a divorce from my mum."

I nodded. It made sense now, why he looked so sad when I said mum. He obviously didn't like her very much. Admittedly I knew how he felt, I didn't like my mum either.

I high-fived him, and laughed with him. I wsa glad for him. Even if he looked and acted like he was doing hard-core drugs, he seemed a lot more care free in general.

However, our happiness was short-lived, as Leon's phone went off. Albeit, that wasn't what dampened our mood. If anything, it heightened it, as Leon's ringtone was none-less than 'Sex on Fire' by the Kings of Leon. Typical.

But, when Leon answered, he paled instantly. This can't be good. Leon was Mr. Hard, nothing scared him.

He finished on the phone and hung up, still pale.

"My dad's back," he whispered, almost inaudibly.

Just when life started going right, something like that had to come along, didn't it. Fantastic.

But, Leon was finished: "Mum's been rushed to hospital, he stabbed her."

That utter bastard! I swear to God I will kill that....... MONSTER!

Suddenly, I didn't care about all the people, I was too worried about Leon.

"What about Bella?" I whispered, in an equally low voice to Leon. He and Elliot looked slightly taken aback, but the heart-breaking look on Leon's face returned quickly.

"I don't know, all I heard was a scream. Please, just take me home."

***********A/N: Sooooo..... what do you think will happen??? I think before I will upload again, I am gonna ask for more votes to make it 5... its a simple plea, it doesnt take much... and it means alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Comment if you think you know what will happen! Also, message me if you can make me a cover for this story... thanks minime12-lover xxx***************