Chapter 6 - Raised eyebrows

Start from the beginning

However, after Mrs. Kell had done a quick introducotry speech, she turned her back to us, to right a list of practical experiments on the board for us and our parnters to choose from. Jenna seized the opportunity to throw me a piece of paper.

Stupidly, I unfolded, not making a noise, and skimmed over the neat, curly writing that could only be that of a girls.

'I wouldn't bother getting to close to him. I know your secret and if you don't want it getting around, I would just hand him over now.'

My breathing caught. How could she know? No-one knew except me! Not for the first time this day I started hyperventilating.

Elliot caught onto it quickly, and swivelled in his chair to face me. He looked me dead in the eyes and whispered to me to take deep breaths.

I managed, and know my brain was more focused, I realised what an idiot I was. She couldn't know, so it was such an empty threat. I crumpled up the piece of paper, and shoved it to the top of the desk, before averting my attention to the notes on the white board.

There was a list of three experiments we could do, and I turned to Elliot and raised one eyebrow, silently asking which one we should do. However Elliot's attention was all over the place, so I had to snap my fingers in front of his face to bring him out of his trance.

"Huh! What?" he asked, still looking dazed. I pointed at the board. He seemed to get the message, as he simply shrugged and told me to choose. Oh he's so helpful!

'Yes, he is!'

'Please say you're not back are you?! Why can't just leave me alone?'

'What is your problem?'

'Right now, it's you!'

'Fine, I just wanted to say that he is helpful, he stood up for you against Jenna!'

'Yeah, and now look where that's got me! She's threatening me!'

I took deep breaths, trying to calm down. I couldn't get mad at Elliot, he was only trying to help.

I looked at Elliot, who was once again staring into space. He was so cute. Wait! Did I really just think that?

'Obviously, genius!'

'GET LOST!'

Urgh, my conscience annoyed the heck out of me.

I sighed, and turned to walk over to the store cupboard to pull out the things I needed, leaving Elliot and his cute ways to their daydreaming.

Elliot's POV

I was spaced out, thinking about what could have made Lana hyperventilate. Again. This girl was really confusing me, first she talks to me, then she doesn't, then she hyperventilates, then she makes me smile, then she makes me feel like this. AH! Emotional overload! Now I know what Ron meant in the fifth Harry Potter, when he said that one person couldn't feel all that Cho Chang was, and that they would explode. He was right, I felt like I would explode!

Suddenly, a pair of fingers snapped right in front of my face making me jump. I turned to look at Lana who was staring at me with raised eyebrows. I still felt a little out of it, so was surprised when Lana pointed vigorously at the board. My eyes followed the line of her arm to see she was pointed at the board. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, until I realised it was what was ON the board she wanted me to look at.

I shrugged, still too caught up in my thoughts to decide, and told her to choose. I gave her a fleeting glance before returning to my thoughts, and it looked like she was having an internal war. I knew how she felt, I must say.

Once she left, I returned to my thoughts, or more specfically the thought about Lana hyperventilating. Then I remembered what had happened just before she hyperventilated. Blondy behind us had chucked her a note, which she had then scrunched up and pushed to the top of her desk.

I shot out my hand, and snatched the piece of paper before she could return and stop me. My eyes and brain took in the words that were curled on the paper.

'I wouldn't bother getting to close to him. I know your secret and if you don't want it getting around, I would just hand him over now.'

What the hell did that mean?? What secret? Hand me over? I wasn't a toy! I suddenly regretted reading it, as my mind filled with more and more questions.

I shook my head, hard, to rid myself of all the confusing thoughts. Just in time too, as I caught sight of Lana returning with her arms full of chemicals.

I smiled at her before she sat down at slid me the notes on what we had to do.

This is gonna be hard, I thought I saw what experiment we had to do. I couldn't even read some of the words!

Lana's POV

Thankfull, Chemistry was over before I knew it and is was break time. I made sure Elliot had packed away before I started strolling out of the classroom, hoping he had enough common sense to follow.

I was about half way down the corridor when I heard heavy footsteps running up behind me. Thinking it was a jock on his way to the football field, I kept walking towards the cafeteria.

All of a sudden, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and pick me up. I squealed in surprise.

Once they had done a full circle with me in their arms, they put me down again.

I turned to see who it was, and get angry at them, but stopped short when I saw who it was.

******A/N: Sooooo, who do you think it is???? COMMENT AND VOTE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! love minime12-lover aka Lucy xx**************