XVI| Odd Blood

I took a deep breath, regretting it instantly as I started to cough heavily. It hurt from how hard I was coughing.

The fit though, subsided after a few minutes, leaving me in some quiet room.

I couldn't remember much of what had happened, but I do remember that Mr. David was there... Carrying me somewhere.

Soon, I heard voices talking, they were hushed, but I could just vaguely make out what they were saying.

One of them was Ashton, and then there was one who was using a lot of medical terms, so he was a doctor and then there was a woman's voice... She sounded piss.

"I didn't tell him to beat him, I told him get some information politely." She hissed.

"I don't care, he's hurt, maybe near death's doors!" The teach sounded desperate.

"No, no." The doctor intervened. "He's not near death's doors... Even with all the wounds, he wouldn't have been... Surprisingly, they all were healing extraordinarily quickly..."

This silenced the two, till Ash asked simply, how. I knew I healed quick, you had to in my house... You just had to...

"Two factors really. One is he natural heals faster, some outside forced had been attacking him again and again, which in turn forced his cells to mutate and heal faster, so that way, he could stand a chance against whatever." There was a moments paused. "Two, something is deeply odd with his DNA... I looked over his blood sample and saw a few things... different about it..."

There was another round of silence before the woman spoke up.

"Odd? Tell us, what was odd about his blood?"

The doctor sighed softly, nodding. I didn't need to be with them, to know he nodded. The sigh said it all.

"Well, for one, he didn't have as much red blood cells as a normal person... Two, the blood started turning black the longer it was in the tube, thickening into a paste like substance. Three, it just... It just doesn't settle right with me."

I slowly sat up, grunting lowly at the pain flaring around my body. All conversations stopped before the door they all were behind, opened.

Ashton and two other people walked through. The doctor was a rather short, black guy with grey hair. I wasn't sure if his hair just natural turned grey quickly or something, but the guy didn't really look to be in the greying age of life just yet... Maybe late twenties or early thirties.

"No, no, no!" He cried out. He quickly rushed to my side, gently putting a hand on my shoulder and pushed me down to the bed . " No, you need to stay down, your wounds have yet to heal!" He lightly shouted.

I grunted, but listened, I doubt I would've been able to persuade the guy anything else.

"So, you're Jaxon." The woman called out, making me look towards her.

She held pale skin, slim eyes and a light black, maybe dark brown hair color. She was a little on the short side, but I don't really think anyone would want to fight a woman who had the type of resting bitch face she has.

"Yeah." I mumbled, my throat hurting.

"Sorry about AJ, he gets excited about new prisoners. He's the tough guy." She continued, in sort of a military report type of fashion.

I didn't bother nodding my head, my neck hurt a bit.

Ashton swiftly came to myside, his eyes holding guilt. Well, he shouldn't have brought a guy who likes to kill people...

"I told you not to go into the forest." He muttered, probably to himself.

I lightly scoffed, it hurt, but it didn't matter.

"Don't give a damn." I whispered, closing my eyes. "I'm going back to sleep."

I didn't wait for them to say anything, I was already out.