III| Forest Territory

I placed the empty beer bottle on the table as I watched Viper dance on some guy. Honestly, I swear she's like an animal in heat at clubs.

"Dude, I think we should start heading back to the house." Steel shouted over the horrid music.

Steel was a small man with a thin frame and gentle features, yet he had stern grey eyes. He normally doesn't talk much, he prefers to watch the world around him. Because of this, people usually think he's planning something, which isn't completely wrong.

"Yeah. Ace, go get her, I'll get her keys."

Ace was the only one of us that was broad shoulder, having a roughen aura and dark sinister eyes. He also was the tallest one of our group, me and Viper being near a tie on the shortest two. Most people think he's like the tank or something within our group.

"Sure."

Walking over to where the bowl was, I grabbed the scorpion charmed keys.

"You boys are no fun." The drunk woman whined, lightly hitting my head when she was dragged over.

"Yeah, yeah. Come, lets go home." I murmured as I gently pulled her along. I really didn't want Ace to deal with her while she was drunk... She gets weird when drunk.

She gave another whine, but followed nonetheless. The drunk woman cuddled into my arm and started blabbering about how she wanted a girl to just make her feel good.

I just ignored it as she usually started talking about that when she's drunk off her ass, instead I plopped her butt in the back of her black Dodge Challenger. I took the wheel since I wasn't as drunk as everyone else.

Slowly, I drove towards our "Pack House".

Yeah, we only call it that as it's well hidden between packed two apartments that were usually always full, plus we sort of see ourselves as a pack.

We've known each other for years! And we know just about everything about each other... We also were basically raised by my mother. So, why not see ourselves as a pack?

Once I parked the car in the garage, I carried Vipes up to her room, so she could get some sleep. Despite that me and her were about the same height, I was still able to carry her fat ass up the stairs. In truth, we all could carry each other.

"Hey, I'm going out for a bit. Make sure Viper takes her meds." My voice echoed in the lonely house as I walked out the back door to the forest.

I needed fresh air, alone. Yes, being with them makes me feel happy and at ease, but after clubbing I just need a few minutes away from the city.

Walking deep into the forest, I took a sip of beer from the cool glass that I had in hand from Ace's fridge.

The forest had always felt welcoming, like it was calling me to it... Stupid, I know.

Soon, I found a lush clearing that had a faint smell of tulips and lilies.

The smell was what drew me to the place, it also was the reason that I sat at the base of a tree in the clearing.

The smell reminded me of home... Of a home that the blasted beast took.

The thought of that old hag almost made me growl with anger.

So, to stop that, I took a gulp of the bitter alcohol.

"Jax? What are you doing here?"

"God-" I stopped myself from cursing as I looked up into those green-hazel eyes.

We sat in silence as the goodie-goodie stared me down.

"Well?" He snapped, glaring at me, like I actually cared about what he wanted.

"Relaxing. If you lived my life then you'd want to relax here too." I grumbled, finishing off the only source of calmness I had at the moment.

"Underage drinking?" The man raised an eyebrow as he leaned against the tree opposite of me.

"It keeps me calm... No one likes it when I'm not calm."

I shifted slightly in my place, oddly growing nervous under his watchful gaze.

"Kid-"

"I'm not a 'kid'."

Aston gave me a stern look, his eyes turning a green color.

"Jaxon Ketki, I don't want you drinking that stuff. It's bad for you. Also, don't come into the forest, I have a pack of wolves running about."

Even though all I wanted do was bow down and listen to him, I felt angered!

How dare he tell me what to do! How dare he think that I will!

"Go to hell." I hissed, standing to my small height. "I do the hell I want to. I don't care about your little dogs, if they kill me, they kill me. Trust me when I say, dying would be the best thing this world has ever done for me."

I didn't give him a chance to respond, I just left.

Too bad I can't leave everything else behind...