XII| Meaty Breakfast

After a who knows how long, we were woken up again, to which made all of us annoyed. We were dreaming peacefully too!

Opening my eyes, I saw that we were still on the couch, practically laying on top of each other. It was rather comfortable, being warmed by the person laying on top of you and having a cushy pillow on your back and head... I guess that's why we share a bed most nights.

Lightly, I pushed Viper off me, swinging my own body off of Ace and Steel.

The brunette whined at me, but easily settled herself into Steel's slim body, most likely trying to get back to sleep.

He didn't seem to care all that much as he easily slipped back into the land of dreams. Ah, if it was only so simple for me to do that.

"Jaxon?" I glumly turned my head towards my English teacher, my eyes lidded with tiredness.

"Yea?" I mumbled, forcing a yawn down.

His hazel-green eyes shone with gentle concern, the type that made me relax... Made me want to go into his arms and have him hold me close... But I couldn't have him do that... If he did that, then... Then I'd become more attach to him... And if I learned anything from my messed up biological family, is that you don't get attached to anyone...

Of course, I'm attached to my friends, but... They're different... They're like my real family... They had never once left me behind, nor had they tried to stab me in the back... And Mom... She truly was a wonderful woman... A kind and sweet woman who deserved a better husband than the one she got.

"Why the hell were you and your friends drinking at a bar?" He tried to make his eyes harden, but they didn't, they just darkened to a more dominate green-hazel color.

I shrugged, standing up and stretching.

"Because we wanted to... And were bored..." I yawned between my sentence, putting a sleeve covered hand over my mouth.

I forgot that I was wearing Steel's shirt. Damn, his shirts make me feel smaller than I already was.

"And we were bored." An unknown female voice called out.

I tilted my head towards the voice, seeing a young woman leaning against a wall near the garage door. She had dark brown hair with one side being buzzed; she also had similar hazel-green eyes like Ashton, they just had a tad bit more natural green in them.

"What?" I grumbled towards the tall woman.

"You said 'and were bored'. It was clear you started a new sentence, so the proper way to say that would've been 'and we were bored'

I rose an eyebrow and yawned boredly.

"Don't care." I simply said, getting her paler eyes to narrow down on me.

"Amy, leave it." The tired sounding man called to the girl.

"Is she yer sis?"

Ashton nodded, looking like he knew being related to her was bad news.

"Yeah, I'm her older brother. And trust me, she's had gotten me into plenty of trouble."

I scoffed at that, walking pass him and into the kitchen, something good smelling was coming in there.

"Oh, we made you all breakfast!" Amy shouted, not even a second later giving a soft yelp.

I heard Ash chuckle at that, it making my  heart skip a small beat, but I ignored it as I started plating the meaty breakfast on a plastic plate.

I picked up a piece of bacon and tossed it in my mouth, leaving back to the living room without a fork. I didn't really need one, since I only got finger food, like the toast, flat sausage, long sausage, bacon and small bits of pork.

There also was egg and pancakes, but I preferred meat over those kinds of things.

At the scent of my food, Vipe's head snapped up, a smile curling on her lips. It looked liked all sense of tiredness had left her at the smell and sight of meat.

"No." I growled at her, pulling my plate closer, childishly turning my body away from her as if it was going to protect my food.

Instantly she pouted, giving what she calls puppy eyes. I don't really know why she tries that on me, when clearly it doesn't work on me.

"No." I narrowed my eyes at her, giving a soft growl in warning.

The party girl wasn't frightened by my growling, but she did huff and pout more as she stayed where she was. She was being stubborn as usual.

Gently, the boy she was sitting on, tapped her arm.

While he had her attention, I took big bites of my food, hoping to eat it before she thinks of some sort of trick to get my food.

Yet, my plate was swiped from me when I had just a fourth left!

"Hey!" I shouted, my words muffled by the food I still had in my mouth.

The sneaky bitch stuck her tongue out at me, swiftly finishing my plate.

I couldn't help it, I had to stomp my foot on the ground and pout like a toddler... All the while I was finishing the majority of my food that still was in my mouth.

A booming laughter, that made my body calm, sounded through out the room, stopping everyone from moving, all of our heads turning towards my substitute teacher.

His eyes were glowing from how happy he looked, from how his smile was held in place on him.

With ease, he walked over to me, bringing his hand to my hair.

Automatically my eyes closed tight and my body tensed.

Instead of feeling him grip my hair tightly or yank on it, he just... ruffled it.

I carefully looked up at him, he still held a smile, but it was smaller now and his eyes weren't glowing... I made him upset...

"You're adorable." He commented softly, too softly for anyone to properly hear... But he was too close for me not to hear it...

I pulled away from him, thickly swallowing the food.

"Yeah... Whatever..." I mumbled, shuffling my feet a bit... This felt so weird... The only person to call me adorable was my mother... "I'm going to get the laundry done..."

It was the only excuse I had... It was the only one I could think of! But it worked as it got me away from him, away from the connection that we had, away from the moment.

Away from it all.