VII| The Bruises

I held the hood over my head, keeping my bag on my back evenly.

The halls were filled with useless talking, noise that hurt my ears. The pain wasn't really registered as the rest of my body was in pain too... Horrible pain.

Gulping, I held my breath as I entered Mr. David's classroom.

Yes, it still was first, it's just, he was apparently the only teacher who I wouldn't try to kill if they so much as raised their eyebrow a millimeter. Plus, he volunteered!

Life freaking hates me.

"Hood down, Jax." The thirty year old called out as the first bell rang.

The sharp ring made me wince, my aching body tensing harshly.

Still, I ignored it and sat in my seat. The flood of students and howlers filled the classroom, which allowed me to carefully pop my back without drawing any attention to the noise.

The pain flared up, making me quietly groan.

"Alright class! How's everyone's morning?" His tone sounded happier than it usually did when it came to third.

Can't blame him, I am a nuisance.

Laying my head in my arms, I tried to breathe as evenly as possible, trying ot sleep. Of course though, Mr. Do-Gooder had to disturb that.

"Jax, hood down please."

If it wasn't for the pain, I would've spat something back at him, yet I stayed silent. I kept both my heart and breathing even as possible, pretending to sleep.

An annoyed sigh sounded from him, but he continued on with the lesson.

I stayed in that position for a few class periods until lunch... The one time I would have to get up.

"Jax... Here, I made us some lunch since I don't want you to get in another fight." The handsome CEO murmured, lightly placing a hand on my shoulder.

A hiss escaped my mouth as my body tensed once more under the pain.

"Jaxon?" The teacher murmured again, his hands forcibly pulling me up to sit properly in the seat.

The room became unbearably quiet and it was all because of what I looked liked.

My tanned skin was now more of a ghostly pale with one of my eyes swollen shut; my lip was painfully bruised, cracked and split. I had a long, still healing cut on my right cheek with it also being swollen; my neck had a deep purple, hand printed bruises around it...

"Jax..." Ashton's voice sounded strained as I looked away from him... Looking at my shaking hands.

They were cut, bruised and tightly wrapped in gauze... I was lucky enough that I was able to hide them for a while...

I looked like hell and this was just the beginning.

"Jax, who did this to you?" There was that dominant tone that always made me cower back, this time that whimper couldn't have been stopped.

Carefully, Ashton moved my head to look him in the eyes. They were pure green with a flare of anger so deep and bright, that another involuntary whimper left me.

"Tell me now." His voice made me try to pull back some, wincing. I didn't like it.

"Just s-some gang... G-Got jumped wh-while doing er-errands..."

My heart sped up at the look he gave me. It was dark and heated with fury, the look of bloodlust swirling in those eyes as an invisible growl left his throat.

"M-Mr. D-David?" My voice sounded weak and pathetic, but I couldn't speak any louder... It hurt too much to try.

Slowly, he turned away from me, glaring down at our food.

Cracking into a water bottle, he turned back to me, lifting it up.

"Are you thirsty? You've been here for hours without getting up."

Swallowing a bit of my spit, I nodded. I was thirsty, parched even!

Being gentle, he tilted my head back and poured some water in my dry mouth.

"Th-Thank you..." I whispered, swallowing the liquid.

The man nodded calmly, his eyes still glowing with rage.

"I have some aspirin in my desk, want me to get you some?"

It wasn't a question, the guy was already up and moving to his desk.

He came back with two aspirin pilled. He crushed them up in a small pudding cup and stirred it around.

I reached for the cup, but he pulled it away from my shaking hand.

"No, you're hands are shaking too much."

I gave a small sigh, relief flooding into me. Just the involuntary shaking was hurting my hands, so I don't want to think about what would've happened had I tried to feed myself.

For a few minutes, Mr. David fed me like I was a baby, though he didn't say anything about it. Something I was glad for.

Once the pudding was done, he went to eat his sandwich. Actually, the meal he had made didn't look too bad.

He made four ham sandwiches(two were most likely mine) brought two red apples with an extra pudding cup with a side of Caesar salad.

During the whole lunch, he was kind and patient, giving me the other pudding and some water to drink when I asked.

Thankfully, a few minutes before lunch was suppose to end, he made it seem as though he hadn't really moved from his desk.

"Jax, why don't you go in my office and sleep there? It'll be more private and comfortable."

I nodded slowly, raising to a stand.

My back popped once more, flaring my pain again. Ashton winced at the sound, his eyes returning back to that pure green once more. I decided to ignore it, it was possibly a rare genetic trait...

Carefully, I placed my bag on my shoulder and walked to his office door.

The teacher took my bag off me when I got close enough. He then lead me inside and laid me down on his couch, covering my body with a very soft blanket.

"Sleep well, Jax..." He whispered before leaving me in the darkness of his office.

Light tears brimmed my eyes before I pushed them down.

He didn't know, nor needed to know.