what more is you looking for?

Comincia dall'inizio

Taehyung wanted to drown him, but instead, he blacked out due to fatigue and pain, making his drowning-my-hot-lifesaver plan fail miserably, leaving Jeongguk drenched in water and cursing all living things on Earth.

When Taehyung woke up, it's an hour later. Other than the numb pain he felt on his tail, his head also hurt like hell, the aftermath of overusing his power. Taehyung knew he shouldn't be mad at his saviour, but he couldn't help it. He had dreamed about going onshore to explore the human world, (even though he's a not a huge human enthusiast) his grandparents have always called him a restless curious soul, always so unique and peculiar. He wished to make the world a better place, with his love and compassion, but right now he wished to strangle his saviour because Jeongguk just vaporised his only shot at living on land.

"Are you going to pretend that you can't speak?"

"Yes."

"Okay."

Jeongguk's POV

That ungrateful little bitch.

Jeongguk was sorry, okay? He was. Keyword was. Did he feel bad about ruining the mer's bag? Yeah, he did. Did he feel bad about breaking the vial? He did. But did he do the right thing? He did. What else was he gonna do? Put the bag in the safe first? He still doesn't understand why the merman valued the baf=g so much, even more than his own life, but he wasn't gonna ask. It's not like he was interested in menfolk stuff duh.

Since the merman gave him the silent treatment, Jeongguk thought he would just leave. He's got other matters to attend to, like checking up the other animals. Just when he was about to leave, he heard the merman cough. When he whipped his head around, he saw a really strange picture, one that he never thought he would see in his life.

Most parts of the merman were submerged in the pool, except his head, so Jeongguk could only make up specks of silver and emerald from his tail. The merman flicked the tip of his tail above the water, waving it slightly. He tried to look Jeongguk in the eye, he could tell, but he failed. The merman's face was still able after losing all the blood, but when he opened his mouth, a bit of pink returned to his cheeks.

"Um... thanks I guess. Sorry... for the trouble. I'll go whenI'm healed."

Jeongguk felt something inside of his chest stir but purposefully ignored it. He stared at the merman a bit longer, then left the room.

Taehyung's POV

That fucker had the audacity to leave after I apologised.

In Taehyung's life, he hadn't apologised much. Taehyung was by no means a spoiled brat, he just knew how to execute his puppy eyes power and his status as the prince. He never apologised much, mostly towards Yoongi hyung if he overstepped some boundaries when they first met. But he hasn't apologised for years since Yoongi and Jimin got together. So when he decided to let go of his pride and apologise to his saviour, he thought he would be on his knees, feeling gracious that the prince apologised to him. But he didn't.

As he was sulking underwater, he heard the sound of the door opening. Taehyung slowly emerged from the water, so only his eyes were above the water. He could see his saviour's back facing him, the sound of ruffling plastic bags screeching in his ears. He hated the plastic bags, so he decided that if his saviour would use a plastic bag to suffocate him, he would bite him and drown him. Again.

So when his saviour turned around, he was surprised to see him holding a codfish, and even more surprised to find him holding a frozen one.

"I don't know what you eat, but you must be hungry. Do you eat raw fish or...?" His saviour held out the fish tentatively, eyes searching for Taehyung's. Taehyung finally took a good look at the boyish man in front of him, he won't admit it out loud, but boy was he hot. The guy had changed his clothes into some grey garments, Taehyung was not sure what they're called, but he looked good in it. The boy looked tired, black fringe falling over his eyes, looked like he was trying hard to stay awake. Taehyung was amazed by his attempt to find his breakfast, though he bet having a codfish in the morning is not the best choice, he didn't have the heart to tell no.

"Yes, it would be great, thanks... sir."

The guy's eyes seem to pop out of his socket. Taehyung couldst fathom why the guy would be choking, so he said "Sir are you okay? Why are you choking?"

His saviour's face is now an embarrassing tomato red, and he was clutching the fish tightly. " Oh my god jeez don't call me that, just call me Jeongguk, I'm Jeongguk."

Jeongguk. The name is melodious, and it burned inside of Taehyung's tongue. But what was wrong with sir?

"I'm Taehyung. Kim Taehyung. Um... the fish is nice, thanks I guess."

"Um, I'm sorry, you know, for breaking your stuff. I didn't mean it... I'm sorry. Whatever it was, it must've meant a lot to you, sorry Taehyung-ssi. I'll give you the fish when it's no longer frozen." The guy scratched the back of his head, looking anywhere but Taehyung's eyes. The tinge of pink of his cheeks prominent against his jet black hair and grey clothes.

"Frozen fish is fine, I don't really mind, we eat fish from the arctic seas as well, there's not really a difference." Taehyung could tell the guy was shocked when he bit into the frozen fish, chewing its head off.

"As for the vial... well, it was supposed to give me human legs for a month. But now that it is broken, I guess I'll just have to go back to the oceans. It's... fine. I don't really blame you, not really, just... kinda wish I could blame you though."

"The potion would give you human legs? What kind of sorcery is that?!"

"Witchcraft."

"You have witches down there???"

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・''・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*
I wish I could update more often, I'll try my very best! I just started college so maybe ill still be quite free in this period
please leave a comment and vote
it means the world to me ⁎⁍̴̛ᴗ⁍̴̛⁎