Chapter 31

Jasmine's POV

I stood outside the huge oak door and stared at it. I knew I had to do this but I was still contemplating my options. I turned back to see if Chris had left so that I could escape. But he was still there, leaning across his car with sunglasses on his face and looking towards me with stern eyes.

"Go ahead." He mouthed to me.

I sighed and turned forward. There goes my chance of escaping.

I took a deep breath and rang the bell. It's now or never.

I waited a few seconds and the door opened. I was greeted by a half sleepy Andrew in his pajamas.

He rubbed his eyes lazily and yawned. He still hadn't realised I was standing in front of him. He lazily looked up and his eyes widened.

"Jasmine?" He asked in shock.

I gave a small smile and whispered softly, "Hey."

"What are you doing here? Is everything fine?" He asked, a bit hesitantly.

I smiled to ease the tension surrounding us.

"Yeah everything's fine. I came here to apologise."

He looked confused. "Apologise? For what?"

"For running away that day. For not giving you a chance to explain. I was too shocked and felt like you had betrayed me. But now that I see, you never did anything but help me. In every way possible. So I'm sorry for misunderstanding you. I've no problem of him being your brother because I know you're not like him. In fact you've helped me to overcome my fears and nightmares. So thank you and sorry."

Andrew looked astonished and blinked a few times. Then a smile broke on his face and he pulled me towards him in a hug.

"You don't have to apologise Jas. I know how hard it was for you to learn that I, your own therapist, am related to your bully. So I don't blame you. I knew once you calm down, you'll come back. You're too good, you can't stay mad at anyone."

I pulled back and glared at him. He chuckled.

"So everything's okay now? Between us?" He asked hesitantly.

"Everything's okay." I smiled.

"Finally. Thank God you came back. I didn't want to lose a friend like you."

I was about to say something when he pulled me inside.

"Hey come in. Have breakfast with me. I'm always so lonely in this house. I'm glad I got some company today."

Before I could say anything or move back, an arm snaked around my waist and pulled me towards a hard chest. I blushed at the contact.

"Nope man. Sorry. She can't have breakfast with you today." Chris's voice came from behind me as he pulled me closer to him.

Andrew looked at me, then Chris and then at the arm around my waist. His eyes widened and a grin plastered across his face.

"Don't tell me....." He started excitedly and I blushed.

"Yeah. I asked her out. She's my girlfriend now." Chris stated proudly.

"That's great man! Congrats! I knew you both will crack at some point. It was hard to unsee the sexual tension between you guys."

I gaped in horror at his blunt words as Chris let out a huge laugh. Andrew smiled slyly at me.

"Sorry not sorry to interrupt your breakfast plans but we have to go. I'm taking her on a date today." Chris said.