Chapter 38

Jasmine's POV

"Violet."

The girl in question was unconscious and tied up. She looked worn out and tired. I looked her over to find any kind of injury, and sighed in relief when I found none.

And then I returned my focus to the matter in hand.

"You sick bastard!" I shouted and tried to lunge at him but the handcuffs around my wrists stopped my movement. I fell back on the bed.

Hunter laughed and dragged Violet back into the room from where he had brought her.

"No no no no. Please no. Please don't keep her there again. She's afraid of darkness. Please just keep her here. Hunter no. Please." I rambled out as I saw him drag her inside and close the door.

Hunter came back to my side and looked down at me. I was a crying mess now. Gone was the confident girl from a few minutes ago.

"Why are you doing this? You want me, right? Take me. Just let her go. Please." I pleaded.

Hunter just shook his head. "That's the thing babydoll. I can't let her go. I'm keeping her here as a leverage to convince you into doing whatever I want. Now where would the fun be if I let her go, hmm?"

I glared at him with all the hatred in my blood. "I hate you. I fucking hate you so much. This was between me and you. And you dragged people close to me into it. You think you're going to win? Think again Hunter, because Chris won't let you win."

At the mention of Chris's name, his face turned into a scowl and he took my face in his hand.

"I don't want to hear that shit's name coming out of your mouth ever again. Or else the consequences will not be good. Do I make myself clear?"

I looked at him with a bored expression. This infuriated him further and he took out something from the waistband of his jeans. I gulped as I saw the gun.

"I'm not going to even touch you with this. But if I ever hear you taking his name again, I'll barge into that room your tiny little friend is in and shoot her. I won't kill her but shoot her to the point she'll be alive but better off dead. You want me to do that?"

I shook my head in fear as a few teardrops flowed down my cheeks.

"Do I make myself clear?" His voice rang out throughout the almost empty room. I nodded.

"Use your words." He sneered.

"Crystal clear." I whispered.

He let go of my face and stormed up the stairs.  A moment later, a door slamming shut and locked could be heard.

I was left alone. Alone in this hell hole.

I tried calling out to Violet a few times but didn't get an answer. Either she didn't hear me because of the closed door, or she wasn't in a position to reply back.

I sobbed hard as I laid down on the cold bed. Everything was going good. My life was slowly coming back on track. And suddenly, another curveball hits me right on the face.

I prayed to somehow get myself and Violet out of here. Chris must have returned by now and found out I was missing. My parents must have  found out too. They will get me out of here. I have to be positive.

Please come soon Chris.

Chris's POV

"What do we do now?"

I looked at Daniel from behind my hands which were clasped around my head.

"We wait."

Daniel looked confused. "I thought you were desperate to go find her. Then what the hell are we waiting for? I've already gathered my men."