Chapter 30

Jasmine's POV

"Do you feel like we're going too fast?"

It was midnight and me and Chris were lying on my bed, with him spooning me. I would admit it, I felt safe and protected in his arms.

It has been a few weeks after the whole Bailey and Andrew fiasco. Although I was no longer angry with Andrew, I still haven't talked to him. I could've, but I'm not sure I'm ready. I understand why he hid the truth from me, but it still felt like he somehow betrayed me. I just need some more time, and Chris has been very supportive.

Talking of Chris, he has been the best boyfriend I could've asked for. He made me feel special, loved and protected. Not a day goes by when he doesn't forget to remind me that he loves me. However, even though I believe he truly loves me, I can't help but feel like we're moving too fast. No doubt, I connect with him on a deeper level, and I definitely love him to the moon and back, but I still fear of getting hurt. My insecurities are still haunting my mind and I'm having difficulty living with them.

"What do you mean love?" Chris turned me around so I was lying on my back, with him hovering over me.

"I don't know. I just.....I feel like this is going too fast. Why did you even choose me in the first place?" I bit my tongue as soon as the words left my mouth. Chris looked crestfallen.

He cupped my cheek and leaned forward, resting his forehead on mine.

"Where is this coming from? What's wrong? Is everything fine?" He murmured.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, basking in the feelings his touch was giving me. I looped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer, until our noses were touching.

Don't ask me where the hell I was getting the confidence from.

"I love you Chris. But I don't understand how you fell for me. You're this amazing, gorgeous and wonderful man, and I'm just......me. There's nothing special about me. You could've got anyone. What about that woman you brought home a few months back? She's perfect for you. She's smart, classy and beautiful. And," I gulped before saying the next words, "She's your age. She's experienced and mature. I'm not. I'm just a sixteen year old teenager with problems and insecurities. Why me?"

Chris looked like I punched his face.

"Listen to me Jasmine, and listen well. I love you. Yeah, I didn't choose to fall in love with you, but it happened. And I'll be damned if I let you go. You're the most beautiful, kindhearted, sweet and amazing woman I know, not to forget so brave and strong. I understand from where your insecurities are coming, and I don't blame you. You've been through so much, yet you never gave up. You could've, but you still hung onto that small hope that your life will take a turn. And I hope to believe it did. Fate brought you to me."

He sat on the bed, and pulled me onto his lap. Wrapping his arms around my waist, he put his forehead on mine, and looked into my eyes. His soulful green eyes clashed with my hazel brown ones, and sent chills down my spine.

"I know you feel like everything is going too fast. Trust me, even I was damn scared when I started falling for you. You're supposed to be like my sister, dammit! But instead, I fell for you. And no matter how much I tried to get rid of those feelings, I couldn't. You said about the woman I brought home few months back. You know why I did that? I wanted to stop thinking about you. I wanted to distract myself from you. But I could not. I haven't associated with any other woman apart from you since that day."

"You're like a fresh breath of air in my otherwise dull world. You bring so much happines in my life, I don't know how to thank you. There are many things you don't know about me, and I about you. And I want to take this path with you. I'll be with you on every step and help you with your insecurities and doubts. I'll help you find yourself. I'll help you meet the wonderful woman I fell in love with."

I tried so hard to keep the tears in check but I failed. Chris's words opened up the dam inside me and I started crying. I burried my face in his chest and sobbed.

He cooed loving words in my ears and consoled me. Once I recovered, I pulled back and looked into his eyes.

He was looking at me with so much love, passion and lust, I felt my heart thudding loudly inside my ribcage.

Chris leaned forward and kissed my cheek. He didn't stop and trailed kisses down my jaw and neck. I shivered in desire and locked my fingers in his hair.

His kisses went up and down the hollow of my neck and I unconsciously let out a moan. Chris growled and kissed me harder and faster.

His lips ascended towards my jaw and sucked at a particular spot. My body shivered in delight and a moan escaped my mouth. His grip around my waist got tighter and he pulled me as closer as possible to his chest.

He kissed one last time on my jaw and leaned backwards, looking into my eyes. His eyes had turned a darker colour and was pooled with lust and desire. I looked towards his hair and blushed. My hands had messed up his hair and he looked damn sexy and edible.

His eyes darted towards my lips and he licked his own. His action stirred something inside me and I felt bolder.

"Kiss me." I whispered.

Chris looked at me with wide eyes and waited for confirmation.

I hooked my hands around his neck and whispered again, "Kiss me."

He didn't waste any more time and crashed his lips on mine. I felt tingles all over my body as soon as his lips touched mine. His lips were dancing over mine in a slow, gentle and sensual manner. I tilted my head to give him better access and he kissed me harder.

I haven't been kissed like this ever. I had only kissed one guy and unfortunately that was Hunter. But Chris's kisses were full of love, passion and longing. He made me feel wanted, loved.

I slowly moved my lips over his and tried matching his pace. His one hand crept up the curve of my waist and held my neck. He rubbed small circles over the pulse of my neck and I moaned loudly. He took advantage and plunged his tongue inside my mouth.

Our lips battled in sweet ferocity. His lips would occasionally leave mine and dart towards my neck, leaving scorching kisses all the way. Then he would trail over to my lips again and kiss me with passion and gentleness, both in a mixture of pure ecstasy.

We pulled apart after sometime and looked at each other, panting heavily. His hair was a sexy mess and I bet my cheeks were red from all the action we did. He smiled at me and pecked my lips a few more times before pulling apart from me.

I laid down on the bed and he laid beside me, both of us basking in the heated moment. We were breathing heavily.

I brought my fingers to my lips and felt them. I blushed from the memories of a few seconds earlier and a smile crept up to my face.

"That was incredible." Chris commented after sometime, his voice husky and deep with lust.

"Yeah." I said.

He turned on his side and looped his arm over my midsection. I turned and looked into his eyes.

"I love you." He whispered and kissed my lips gently.

I giggled and pecked him.

"I love you more."

**************
Author's note: It's the first time I've written a scene like this so I'm not sure how it turned out to be. Do let me know if anything's wrong and I'll work on my writing skills more. Apart from that, a great thanks to all the people reading my story and voting on it. Thank you so much for your love and support. I'll keep updating as much as I can. I might not update frequently, but that's because I'm busy with school work. So please have patience and keep reading my story.

Keep voting. I love you all❤