23 - Library of Congress

This is the second to last chapter but an amazing sequel will be out. The sequel will hopefully be in the next years watty awards and there will be another book too that will be entered. An action/romance/thriller(; keep a look out[=

Valentina POV

                I felt sad for Hailey. I couldn't believe that Flavio was that protective over her. They grew up together and Hailey used to be oh-so fragile and look now at her magnificent transformation. She was weak, frail and delicate, now she's fast, strong and hard.

                She cried on my shoulder and I saw her fist clenched, as if holding something in it. I held her fist and slowly opened it. Hailey twitched and sat up. "Why?" she asked, tears welling up her eyes.

"No, I just want to see it, it might be important," I replied innocently.

"Important to you or to me? You need to look around Val, people do exist, it's not all about you."

                 To be honest, I had no idea what that had to do with what was in her fist. But I shrugged and walked out of her dorm. I clip-clopped my way through the isolated, grey-painted, narrow corridor on the way to my room. The white painted and glossy dorm rooms were plastered with names, many with X's indicating that they were terminated on missions. My hand-bag fell to my hands and onto the floor.

                 What have I become? I thought to myself. 

                                                               One Year Later

             Whitehead handed me, Freddy, Sophia and Hailey thick files about our next mission. "You're mission is very dangerous. You will have a lot of training so you can do everything quickly and easier for when the time comes. You’re mission is to find the secret underground CIA Headquarters. It has been kept secret for years on end and now it is the time to find it. This is a tough mission but I have every trust in you that you guys can do this. But to help you, two main agents will assist you.”

        Hailey, Sophia, Freddy and I exchanged excited  but anxious looks. Whitehead pointed at the door as two agents walked in. One was a tall guy with dirty blonde hair, a stubbly chin, and the deepest grey eyes, assisting him was a woman his age with long black hair and dark eyes from an Asian descent.

        “This is Harry Levesque and Lily Smith. They have been with us since they were even younger than you. Harry and Lily will help you in the mission and also help you plan it. You may go to the training room now.”

       We all made our way to the training room, trailing one after the other. We sat on the training mats on the floor whilst Harry and Lily stood standing. Harry looked about two years older than me and Sophia was already admiring his gorgeous looks. Harry stared into my eyes and a smile grew on his face, I moved my eyes away from his and towards Lily.

     Her Levi jeans were baggy. She was wearing a small white t-shirt with black stripes, she finished it off with black combat boots. So, first we have to find the location of the place so we have found out that all the Presidents of the United States knew and currently know the whereabouts of this secret headquarters but fail to share it with the public,” Lily began, pacing the room in her heavy boots.

      “They all secure the secrets in a book named The Presidents Book, and it is kept in the library of congress. First we need to find the code to where the book is hidden, and the only way that can be done is through the files in the White House,” Harry’s husky deep voice interrupted.